🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to select a graphic deisgner
Page options
e_huma-s_zill
Community Member

How to select a graphic deisgner

I'm eager to understand what truly impresses you in a portfolio and CV. Whether it's the range of styles in a portfolio or the key details in a CV, your insights will greatly help me enhance my profile to better cater to your needs. From effective collaboration signs to showcasing innovation, your input is invaluable in guiding me and fellow designers to exceed your expectations. Looking forward to your thoughts as I strive to provide top-notch design services on Upwork.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That's a lot of work, Komal!

I don't do most of that.

When I hire graphic designers, I post a job, look at the portfolios of some freelancers, and then hire a few WITHOUT TALKING TO THEM.

They do the work, submit it, and I choose which work I like and use it.

These are hourly contracts, so everyone gets paid for their time.

This method works great for small projects.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
williamtcooper
Community Member

Zill,

It's more about having raving 5-star Reviews and a Profile that matches the client's Job post than anything. Rarely have my new clients read past the Reviews in my Profile before scheduling a Consultation.

13f48b88
Community Member

I think the same principle applies to this platform. You have to market yourself. The clients will come to you if they like your style. Your work is a reflection of your style. The only thing I can recommend is uploading more of your portfolio to showcase to clients that your style is what they are looking for.

45f453be
Community Member

Certainly! To select a graphic designer in short:

1. Define Your Needs: Clearly outline your project requirements.

2. Review Portfolios: Check designers' previous work to see if their style matches your needs.

3. Experience: Look for designers with relevant experience.

4. Budget: Set a budget for your project.

5. Ask Questions: Interview designers about their process, communication, and timelines.

6. Check References: Get feedback from their previous clients.

7. Communication Skills: Ensure the designer communicates effectively.

8. Contract and Terms: Clearly define project terms in a written contract.

9. Trust Your Instincts: Choose the designer you're most comfortable with and who aligns with your vision.

By following these steps, you can efficiently select a graphic designer for your project.

That's a lot of work, Komal!

I don't do most of that.

When I hire graphic designers, I post a job, look at the portfolios of some freelancers, and then hire a few WITHOUT TALKING TO THEM.

They do the work, submit it, and I choose which work I like and use it.

These are hourly contracts, so everyone gets paid for their time.

This method works great for small projects.

This is actually vary helpful. Interviewing designer is not helping at all. 

a8ee0270
Community Member

you can be who ever you want as ong as you put your own identity in your resume because the people wwill see you as what your resume reflected, you don't need to impress other people of what you don't have. Remember be thru not just to yourself but others also.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths