🐈
» Forums » Clients » I hate this budget field!
Page options
versailles
Community Member

I hate this budget field!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
2 REPLIES 2
iryna-k
Community Member

True, but I think this helps client to know if he can afford this or that development service and not to waste time.

I think that it would be good if you can place min max or comment to budgegt you enter.

Iryna A wrote:

True, but I think this helps client to know if he can afford this or that development service and not to waste time.

I think that it would be good if you can place min max or comment to budgegt you enter.

Clients are not required to know squat about what it's gonna to cost them. I posted jobs that I knew nothing about the cost, this is why I rely on freelancers to provide an estimate.

Not later than yesterday I posted a simple and well-described job. The budget field was in this case totally superfluous and applicants had all the information needed to provide a price.

By experience, if you try to guesstimate something most will bid your budget and if you put the minimum $5, many will not even open the job post because they think that this is actually your budget. Unless you do what I did and state at the beginning of your job post that indicated budget is only a placeholder.

Which brings us to the total worthlessness of this field, since you have to explicitly say that it has to be disregarded. Why not make it optional? And indeed, for those who want to state a budget, allow them to input a price range.

This is not the first time I'm ranting about this and it probably won't be the last.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Latest Articles
Learning Paths