cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting/appointment functionality

Vincent M Member Since: Sep 20, 2017
1 of 6

Hi Upwork,

First your site is great, very efficient and professional to contract freelancers.

I was wondering if you could implement a "meeting" functionality to automate meeting planification with freelancers. It's somewhat cumbersome to ask for availability, check and double-check time-zones, when you want to plan a video call with a contractor. Maybe it could be easily automated. What do you think?

Thanks,

Vincent

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Vincent, 

Thanks you for your feedback, I'll share it with our team. In the meantime, note that you can find the freelancer's time zone and current local time on their profile.

BL B Member Since: Jan 27, 2019
3 of 6

I second that Vladimir!

If the full functionality is too much to build, it would be very helpful to at least be able to send a calendar inviation to the freelancer since UpWork does not want us exchanging emails or communicating off the platform.

Calendly or something similar might be an easy fix.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
4 of 6

You can communicate with your freelancer through any method that you both agree to - email, Skype, etc.  I communicate with my clients by telephone and email but I always copy the email content to the Upwork Messenger just to be careful and I submit work both ways.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 6

BL B wrote:

I second that Vladimir!

If the full functionality is too much to build, it would be very helpful to at least be able to send a calendar inviation to the freelancer since UpWork does not want us exchanging emails or communicating off the platform.

Calendly or something similar might be an easy fix.

I second Mary's comment. We are most certainly allowed to communicate outside of Upwork; as long as job and payment stay on Upwork, it's fine to do that. Given Upwork's proclivity for down time, I typically suggest to my clients that we set up alternate ways to communicate.

Johann E Member Since: Mar 28, 2019
6 of 6

For clients to schedule calls with you on already accepted jobs this would be great.

There is a Calender that tracks your time working on jobs, pretty sure that can be exposed for jobs sheduling as well

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS