🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: My Site Was Hacked By A Freelancer
Page options
b244a920
Community Member

My Site Was Hacked By A Freelancer

One of our website that we've hired Upwork freelancers to work has recently been hacked where it shows Japanese characters in search engines.  And I highly suspect (with probable cause) that it was carried out by one of the freelancers whom I was in contact with days earlier who exhibited suspicious behaviors. 

However, after reporting this to Upwork, their only response was that they could not find any proof that this freelancer was guilty.  Well they are called hackers for a reason... they don't leave proof!

So needless to say this case went unresolved.  Meanwhile this freelancer is still active and online, and is possibly continuing to do this to other gullible clients; and I am very annoyed that he gets away with this...

4 REPLIES 4
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Didier,

Sorry to hear about troubles with your website. Could you please let me know the number of the support ticket you used to communicate with the team about it? Feel free to send me a private message with the name of the freelancer you are referring to.

~ Valeria
Upwork

It is ticket #: 21874758 21874758> and the freelancer’s name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**
21874758>

It is ticket #: 21874758 and the freelancer’s name is **edited for Community Guidelines**.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Didier, 

I checked your ticket, and if you have additional information or proof about this case, you may send it to me or Valeria through a private message, so that we can check the issue further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths