🐈
» Forums » Clients » My account is suspended due to a billing meth...
Page options
b9e08f17
Community Member

My account is suspended due to a billing method, no response from support

Hello!

I am a first-time user of Upwork and came here to find a VA.

After I accepted one of the freelancers and she started her contract, my account was suspended due to my card being a prepaid card.

I had no idea it was a prepaid card (how does one find this out by the way?). I got a message from the support asking me to change my billing info. I did this asap and reported back (added a different card from a differen bank).

Since then, it's been over a day and no response from the support, although I can see that my card was pre-authorized.

Worst of all, my freelancer has already billed 7 hours of work and I don't want her to think I'm some kind of a scammer.

Help, what do I do??

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oxana,

I'm sorry to hear about your account. I saw that you have provided your question on your open ticket, I'll follow up with the team and they'll update your ticket as soon as possible and one of our agents will assist you further! Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
emiguelina
Community Member

@Oxana S wrote:

Hello!

I am a first-time user of Upwork and came here to find a VA.

After I accepted one of the freelancers and she started her contract, my account was suspended due to my card being a prepaid card.

I had no idea it was a prepaid card (how does one find this out by the way?). I got a message from the support asking me to change my billing info. I did this asap and reported back (added a different card from a differen bank).

Since then, it's been over a day and no response from the support, although I can see that my card was pre-authorized.

Worst of all, my freelancer has already billed 7 hours of work and I don't want her to think I'm some kind of a scammer.

Help, what do I do??

First, you should tell her that, and let her know that you have done everything CS needed to verify your account.

But in the meantime, in case it takes days to sort things out, she can not do any more work until this issue is resolved.

About the hours already logged, you will not be charged for this week hours until next Monday, so hopefully, things will be solved by then.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oxana,

I'm sorry to hear about your account. I saw that you have provided your question on your open ticket, I'll follow up with the team and they'll update your ticket as soon as possible and one of our agents will assist you further! Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I need your assistance in my friend's account.

His account is suspended due to billing issue, he added a new visa and it is still suspended

his email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Have a nice day ahead!

please be noted that he is unable to submit a ticket or post anything to get help
marinakamal95
Community Member

my colleague's account is suspended and he can't post or submit a ticket to get help..
I'd really appreciate your assistance

Hi Marina,

I checked and it looks like your friend already reached out to our support team. I'll follow up with the team so they can expect an update very soon.

Please note that we are unable to discuss the details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. If further help is needed with the account, please advise your friend to reach out to us on any official Upwork social media channel so that we can assist them further. You can find the direct links in the footer section of the Community as shown in this screenshot.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths