🐈
» Forums » Clients » Nightmare freelancer deducted too many hours
Page options
98555c3c
Community Member

Nightmare freelancer deducted too many hours

New to Upwork! 

I agreed with freelancer for 6 hour trial, and we start communicating on a Friday. Before they got access to my website they start billing me, and I did not check for billing that week because we were supposed to start on the following Monday. Sadly, I discovered this almost three weeks after the fact.

I've already ignored them removing important info on my website, crashing it,  unauthorized access and more, but I'm not going to sit idle seeing that they deduct more money than agreed upon. 

How do I contact Upwork for a dispute? The freelancer is unwilling to refund.

2 REPLIES 2
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

The first thing you can do is PAUSE the contract. 

Then check the hours logged, if the hours were logged manually the work diary will show if it is a manual entry or automatic. Manual hours do not have screenshots or activity indicators (the green bar below the screenshots is an activity indicator). 

If the hours logged were manual you can dispute it, if 30 days have not passed since the payment was processed. Even if it is an automatic entry, please check the activity indicator, if the activity indicator is below 4mins/10mins block you can dispute it! 

Refund thinking hurts clients.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths