🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Payment
Page options
02e1051d
Community Member

Payment

Hello, is it possible to pay the freelancer now and do still the cover for a ebook after a few weeks/months or will upwork not allow it after the payment is done?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Osman,

Yes you can pay your freelancers now, but I can strongly advice you to release the funds to your freelancers after you have reviewed their work.
To learn more on how you can protect yourself check out our guides for: Upwork Hourly Protection for Clients and Upwork Payment Protection.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Osman,

Yes you can pay your freelancers now, but I can strongly advice you to release the funds to your freelancers after you have reviewed their work.
To learn more on how you can protect yourself check out our guides for: Upwork Hourly Protection for Clients and Upwork Payment Protection.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok. Thank you.

Osman, you can also do a partial release, if the freelancer has completed part of the work but the cover isn't ready. 

Ok. Thank you.

resultsassoc
Community Member

Osman, I do this on another board for my go-to editor and cover creator. I didn't do that for their first jobs. After two years, it's just the way we work together.

Ok. Thank you.

kat303
Community Member

@Osman R wrote:

Hello, is it possible to pay the freelancer now and do still the cover for a ebook after a few weeks/months or will upwork not allow it after the payment is done?

Yes, it is possible to pay a freelancer now BEFORE they've started working. But remember, this freelancer is a stranger on the internet that you've just made contact with. There is NO guarantee that  when you are ready for this freelancer to start work, they they will respond. Then you'll be posting here again, saying, I paid a freelancers but I can't get in touch with them anymore. How do I get the money I paid, refunded to me.

IMO I would suggest then when you are ready, then you can hire this or any freelancer, deposit money into escrow and at that point they can immediately start work. 

Osman, a partial payment - i.e., for work done to date - is your best option as Tiffany and Bill suggested.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths