🐈
» Forums » Clients » deadline after request for change
Page options
b6ae7717
Community Member

deadline after request for change

Hi, the freelancer submitted an incomplete job, I would like to request changes but I wanted to know will the deadline change after requesting changes
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
NikolaS

Hi Mouna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that we do not set an automatic deadline for the work change request. You can communicate with your freelancer and let them know when you expect the revision to be completed.

To request changes to work submitted for a milestone

• Select the contract from Jobs  My Jobs and click Review & Pay
  • Click the Request Changes button
  • Write a message describing the changes needed and click Send Change Request

You can find more information in this help article. Let us know if you have further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b6ae7717
Community Member

##-thank you for your answer, the deadline must end tomorrow, I would like
to know if I ask for changes the automatic payment will always be done
tomorrow? ##

Mouna:

Upwork displays the original deadline as a convenience for you and the freelancer.

But Upwork doesn't use it. Upwork doesn't care about it. Upwork doesn't change it. Upwork doesn't let you change it.

You can ignore the deadline.

If a deadline is important to you, then discuss deadline with freelancer. Change it in your mind. It is between you and freelancer.

Preston H wrote:

Mouna:

Upwork displays the original deadline as a convenience for you and the freelancer.

But Upwork doesn't use it. Upwork doesn't care about it. Upwork doesn't change it. Upwork doesn't let you change it.

You can ignore the deadline.

If a deadline is important to you, then discuss deadline with freelancer. Change it in your mind. It is between you and freelancer.

I think she is referring to the deadline of 14 days after submitting a job. And what she asks is if, when requesting a change, the 14-day clock is reset or how it works.

re: "I think she is referring to the deadline of 14 days after submitting a job. And what she asks is if, when requesting a change, the 14-day clock is reset or how it works."

Ah... That makes sense.

My answer only refers to the "deadline" date that appears on fixed-price contract pages, and has nothing to do with clicking the "Request Changes" button.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths