🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: payment problem
Page options
tabishali59
Community Member

payment problem

Client unresponsive
Hello kindly help to resolve my matter i work my client on hours base but it's not manual log so he gave me 31 design and I'm working on it. I upload 13 design in Google drive after that he removed all the concept from Google drive when i massage him he didn't reply i wait for him response last day but he didn't tell me anything and also he didn't log 13 hours for 13 design kindly help me to resolve my matter I'll great thankful for your help

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rana F wrote:

Actually I don't know how to use that's why

It's too late for this contract, but if you get another hourly contract, you download the tracker onto your computer and use it while you work.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

Rana F wrote:

Client unresponsive
Hello kindly help to resolve my matter i work my client on hours base but it's not manual log 

First of all, you need to stop harassing the hell out of the client before he reports you. Unbelievably unprofessional behaviour...

Secondly, the client disabled manual time because the client did not want to allow you to use manual time. Manual time is not a right. If you have an hourly contract where the client chose to disable manual time, you have to use the tracker to get paid, which is best practice at any rate because there is no protection for manual time.

Rana F wrote:

he didn't tell me anything and also he didn't log 13 hours

Clients don't and can't log time. You should have used the tracker. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Rana, Petra already gave some great advice.

Aside from that...

Do you still have a question for us?

If you do, then you need to explain what your question is, and imagine we have never seen your conversations. I know that you posted screenshots of your conversations, but that is a violation of Community Guidelines and they will be removed.

(For those of you reading this thread after the screenshots were removed... I read them, and I am still confused about what is going on. You did not miss anything.)

Sorry for screenshot 

Sir my client didn't reply me and also he removed the concept from Google drive that's i work on it but i make 13 design for it and he Didn't log any hours that's my problem

re: "he removed the concept from Google drive that's i work on"

It is the client's project. When you work on an hourly contract, all work belongs to the paying client.

When I work for a client, I set up server space where I put the files I create. THEY ARE NOT MY FILES. The client is paying for my time and owns all the files I create while I log time on her contract.

The files belong to the client. She may remove the files if she wants to remove them.

(If I really want the files, I can get them from my backup.)

Sir when i upload 13 design on Google drive in night then next morning he remove the concept and doesn't any reply i ask him but he don't response

re: "...my client didn't reply me..."

Clients are not required to reply to freelancers.

re: "he didn't log any hours that's my problem"

Clients can not log hours.

Freelancers log hours.

If there is ANY work that you have done which you feel you have not been paid fairly for, then you have the right to send a message to the client and ask him to pay you using the client-side Bonus too.

You may also ask the client to allow manual hours. If the client does so, then you may add manually-logged time.

Clients are allowed to pay freelancers using the Bonus tool at any time.

Clients are allowed to allow freelancers to use manual time whenever they want to.

But clients are not obligated to do either of these things.

Yes i asked him for payment but he didn't reponse

Also i just asking what happened he remove concept not talk to much

Rana F wrote:

Didn't log any hours that's my problem

Indeed it is. Why didn't you track your hours? 

Manual time is by default enabled, so the client must have deliberately disabled it, as is his right.

Rana F wrote:

It's too late for this contract, but if you get another hourly contract, you download the tracker onto your computer and use it while you work.

Rana, everyone here wants to help you.

From what you told us, the client has done nothing wrong.

The freelancer made a mistake when he worked without using the desktop time tracker.

When a client blocks manual time, it means the client wants the freelancer to use the desktop time tracker.

It is easy to use. You can ask us any questions about it.

But I recommend you do a search and find Upwork's page where you can download it onto your computer. Then start using it for all of your future work.

Do not send messages to this client.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths