🐈
» Forums » Clients » problems with freelancer
Page options
84570c52
Community Member

problems with freelancer

Hello All,

I have had my first problem with a freelancer, they stated in an email they couldnt do it, I cancelled he contract and now they are stating that they submitted three times, which is true the fact they were unable to complete it !

anyway its been four days now and I have had no repsonse from upwork, just a post on facebook to say to PM them.

Is it usual with a bad freelancer, that they dispute the contract.

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Richard:

If this freelancer was unable to do what the contract required him to do, then the honorable thing for him to do would be to immediately agree to your refund request and allow the contract to be closed without any payment.

If he does not, then he has no honor.

If the amount of the contract isn't very much, then one valid option for you is to simply close the contract and release the payment to him. You could leave whatever accurate feedback you feel is appropriate, and you would thus leave him without honor.

tta192
Community Member

If the work the freelancer delivered is at least partially usable, you can offer to pay a percentage of what was agreed so you both get something out of the project. If that's not the case, I guess you need to decide if what you paid is worth the hassle of disputing...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths