🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Invitations from scammers
Page options
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Invitations from scammers

I get them a lot.  It's pretty annoying. 

Quite often upwork zaps the job post before I can access it (yeah upwork!), but that leads to the invitations sitting there without me being able to decline and make them go away. Now they are piling up, the oldest one is 11 days old. 

So my question - do invitations disappear by themselves, and after what time? 

4 REPLIES 4
colettelewis
Community Member

Me too and no doubt lots of others - https://community.upwork.com/t5/Coffee-Break/Invite-only-scams/td-p/1028991

(I expect we'll be merged!)

martina_plaschka
Community Member

These are not invitation only jobs. I just am in the exclusive club of getting invited by scammers. When upwork takes the jobs down, the invitations unfortunately don't disappear, and I can't make them disappear. I am hoping there is a time period when they do, but am getting doubtful about that. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

And like annoying mosquitoes, I keep swatting them away. 5 this morning! I actually prefer upwork DOESN'T remove them before I can open the invitation, because declining them from my end at least makes them disappear forever, plus I can block the "client", one of which deemed it a good idea to send me three invitations today. Can this even be done from one job post? Don't know, don't care. 

I just want it to stop. Upwork don't let these scammers invite people, please. If they get deleted, it must be instantenously, before they invite anybody. 

I'm starting to think that maybe this scam thing is a problem Upwork should address even better than they already do.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths