🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » The dangers of Al
Page options
0379b6ce
Community Member

The dangers of Al

Dear learners,l am so impressed with the new virus on trend,'Artificial intelligence.'

It has all cures for ignorance though no rewards for toiling writers.How many jobs being washed down the drain.l recently searched an engine chartbot and it gave me all details about smoking.We some times follow the mind of a machine,with machine reason,an error has just began!!!

3 REPLIES 3
the-right-writer
Community Member

I'm not sure that I understand your post. I just skimmed the screenshots, but it is solid information, but completely ripped off from several CDC and other quit smoking sites. No effort to even run it through a spinner.

If you are saying that the chatbots offer the same quality of copy and paste, then you are correct, in most cases.

The problem with AI, in my book, is this: If an AI program wrote Hamlet or To Kill A Mockingbird word for word, I wouldn't bother reading either of them. My interest in reading is to understand human beings. I'm not interested in the emotional or pseudo-humanistic experiences of a microchip. 

I knew a painter years ago who was a big fan of the abstract painter Jackson Pollock. So he built a table that could spin around and tilt in every direction -- a table on a gyroscope. Then he secured a canvas to the table and poured on various colors of paint. While he did this, he manipulated the table, so it spun around, tilted, jiggled and wobbled, jerked around, etc. The table could move smoothly or jump around randomly. It could vibrate or not. It could move in any direction or speed or smoothness.

The results were the worst paintings you could ever imagine -- just a mess on a canvas. The paintings were void of humanity and, essentially, void of any interest at all.

In contrast, I knew a painter who was reviewed as one of those "up and coming" young artists 30 years ago. Her works, on very large canvases, were described as dark,  muddy and ambiguous. In so many words, she painted a big mess. She said her paintings were "about painting," which is like a poet writing about the creative process of writing poetry. These paintings were both ugly and beautiflul, like looking at a drained swamp. They sold for tens of thousands of dollars and were worth every penny.

colettelewis
Community Member

Maureen, I think the answer for writers is to ignore AI - eventually the penny will drop with clients that whatever information (good or bad) AI provides, it cannot replicate originally written content. I don't think, either that AI is a fad, but eventually, people will get tired of reading the same old churned out bulleted facts (with or without accurate embellishments) and look for something a little more stimulating.   

Latest Articles
Learning Paths