🐈
» Groups » Community Contributors » Forum » Upwork Journey - Submitted 65 proposals but u...
Page options
8dd8791d
Community Member

Upwork Journey - Submitted 65 proposals but unable to attract a single client

Hi Upwork community members,

Hope you all are doing well. Muhammad Urfan here. 

I am just adding my Journey on upwork. I have submitted 65 plus proposals on upwork, purchased membership, buyed connects, improved my profile, made reserch on submitting good proposals etc but all efforts remain silent for me. Sometimes i get disppointed and stop submitting proposals.

Patience, consistency, and Hope are 3 words motivating me to use this forum. I believe on improvement, hard work and performance. My purpose of writing here is to get some guidance, suggestions from successful freelancers to enable me to find some work.

wish you all best of luck for your Journey.

Regards

Muhammad Urfan

Account and Finance Professional 

5 REPLIES 5
7b4fdd58
Community Member

Hi,
I am a new freelancer too.

I would like to hear how experienced people work.

mahrukh001
Community Member

Hey Urfan,

I understand your frustration and commend your perseverance in continuing your Upwork journey despite facing challenges. It's disheartening to invest time and effort into submitting proposals without seeing results. However, it's important to remember that success on Upwork often requires a strategic approach and continuous refinement of your skills and profile.

Here are a few suggestions that might help you improve your chances of landing clients:

1. Tailor Your Proposals: Ensure that each proposal is customized to the specific job posting. Highlight relevant skills and experience, and demonstrate your understanding of the client's needs.

2. Focus on Quality Over Quantity: Instead of sending out a high volume of proposals, concentrate on fewer, high-quality proposals that are well-crafted and targeted.

3. Build Your Portfolio: If possible, showcase your work through a portfolio or samples. This can give potential clients a better idea of your capabilities and the quality of your work.

4. Network and Seek Feedback: Engage with other freelancers in your field, participate in Upwork community forums, and seek feedback on your profile and proposals to identify areas for improvement.

5. Consider Lowering Your Rates (Temporarily): While it's important to value your skills and time, offering competitive rates initially can help you gain traction and build your reputation on the platform.

6. Diversify Your Skills: Explore opportunities to expand your skill set or offer additional services that are in demand. This can make you more versatile and appealing to a wider range of clients.

7. Patience and Persistence: Success on Upwork often takes time, so continue to stay motivated, patient, and persistent in your efforts.

Remember, every freelancer's journey is unique, and what works for one person may not work for another. Stay open to experimenting with different strategies and approaches until you find what works best for you.

Best of luck on your Upwork journey, Muhammad. Keep pushing forward, and I'm confident that your hard work and determination will pay off.

Warm regards,

Mahrukh

Thanks for your help.
I will refer to this in my work.

53e578ed
Community Member

you know what my dear keep on knoking  and asking and forwrad your question to the relefant people who can go more in details and can help you, i am also new in this platfom since last year and i am not yet familier with many things  thank you and have a wonderfull day with your faimly and  hope year  2024 is a year of hope and keep on dreaming and hoping in order to unlock your lucky  

da96f8cd
Community Member

Hi Muhammad U,

I understand your frustration and commend your perseverance in continuing your Upwork journey despite facing challenges. Investing time and effort into submitting proposals without seeing results is disheartening. However, it's important to remember that success on Upwork often requires a strategic approach and continuous refinement of your skills and profile.

Arun Kumar S