🐈
» Groups » Customer Service & Admin Support Professionals » Forum » Looking an advice of how I can get job on up ...
Page options
e7e41f31
Community Member

Looking an advice of how I can get job on up work quickly

hello

Am a new freelancer on up work, i joined  weeks ago but didn't get an job and am really qualified, what i can i do to get a job quickly on up work? is there any techniques i can use?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
be8b56bd
Community Member

You are welcome, you should be able to know your area of specialities, then construct a very good cover letter, don't write about yourself but write or tell the client how you can solve his or her problem, probably how you can help him/her.

I wish you good luck. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
be8b56bd
Community Member

You are welcome, you should be able to know your area of specialities, then construct a very good cover letter, don't write about yourself but write or tell the client how you can solve his or her problem, probably how you can help him/her.

I wish you good luck. 

ab3e491d
Community Member

Hello,

If you're looking to get a job quickly on Upwork, here are some basic tips to increase your chances:

Create a compelling profile: Your Upwork profile is your first impression, so make sure it stands out. Highlight your skills, experience, and expertise relevant to the type of work you're seeking. Include a professional photo and write a concise and engaging overview.

Choose a niche: Specializing in a particular niche can make you more attractive to clients looking for specific skills. Focus on a niche where you have expertise and can demonstrate value.

Showcase your portfolio: Clients want to see your previous work to assess your skills. Build an impressive portfolio by including relevant samples or links to your work. If you're starting out, consider creating some sample projects to showcase your abilities.

Take relevant skill tests: Upwork offers skill tests that allow you to demonstrate your proficiency in various areas. Completing relevant tests can help you stand out from the competition and increase your chances of getting hired.

Craft tailored proposals: When applying for jobs, take the time to read the project description thoroughly and tailor your proposal accordingly. Show the client that you understand their needs and explain how your skills and experience make you the right fit for the job.

Set competitive rates: As a newcomer, it's important to set competitive rates that align with your skills and experience level. Consider starting with lower rates initially to build your reputation and attract clients. As you gain more positive reviews and experience, you can gradually increase your rates.

Be proactive and apply consistently: Upwork is a competitive marketplace, so it's important to be proactive in your job search. Regularly browse and apply to relevant job postings. Stay active, responsive, and professional throughout the application process.

Build your reputation: Positive reviews and ratings are crucial on Upwork. Deliver high-quality work and maintain clear communication with your clients to ensure a positive experience. Ask satisfied clients to leave feedback on your profile, as this will boost your credibility.

Network and seek referrals: Leverage your existing network and reach out to potential clients directly. Let friends, colleagues, and industry contacts know that you're available for freelance work. Referrals can often lead to job opportunities.

Be patient and persistent: Landing jobs on Upwork may take time, especially when starting out. Stay persistent, keep refining your profile and proposals, and apply consistently. With time, positive reviews, and a strong portfolio, you'll increase your chances of getting hired.

Remember, success on Upwork requires a combination of skill, perseverance, and building a solid reputation. By following these tips and staying committed to your freelance career, you'll increase your chances of getting hired quickly.

Thanks

Thanks so much for this Handful Advice. It came in at the right time as i also fall into the Category of New Comers. 

Thanks Once More!

Come to us new commers at upwork with no previous experience

This piece is timely and valid, thanks Habib.

e7e41f31
Community Member

you are right.

Thank you.

c067cdfe
Community Member

How about when it comes to us new comments at upwork with no previous experience