🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Dedicated Thread: Upwork profile reviews and ...
Page options
rlouw
Community Member

Dedicated Thread: Upwork profile reviews and tips on getting hired

Welcome to the Designers & Creatives Upwork group!

As a new member, requesting tips on finding work or requesting a profile review is a good start, but as the group has grown rapidly (which is great news) these topics might get lost in the feed of similar topics by members. To ensure you get noticed or find the right advice without having to start a new topic, please use this dedicated topic thread to request an Upwork profile review or advice on getting hired. Group members are encouraged to offer advice or review profiles in this thread and do the same in return for other members.

Rules

• External links are not allowed (for eg. personal websites, Behance, Dribbble…)
  • Linking to your Upwork profile is allowed
  • Please adhere to the Community Group Guidelines

Also, be sure to take advantage of existing resources

I trust that you’ll find this group welcoming and this thread helpful!

592 REPLIES 592
4b3be0a4
Community Member

I would appreciate it if someone could take a moment to review my profile. Thank you!

cbf9e5fa
Community Member

Hello, Robbin.

I'm Faith. A UI/UX Designer who recently got my first job on upwork. Since then, I've been spending a lot to buy connect and to apply for jobs and still haven't landed any. My first job was gotten through an invite. Any suggestions on what I can do to make it right?

Here is my profile link. 

I'll appreciate your thoughts (everyone)

Thank you.

Faith.

Dear Faith, I like your profile. 

Hope to get your feedback: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ceeab0857e668645

Thank you in advance, any feeback matters. 

41751f65
Community Member

Hay so am kinda new her am a nurse and i have also a masters degree on business Administration. Any ways i would love to create or right things especially if they are health related  

You have to create a profile.
Start by posting a photo, it must be of you, anything else is not allowed.
Why if you say that "I am a nurse and I have also a masters degree in business Administration", in your profile do you say "Full stack developer"?
A couple of threads that may come in handy. Read everything, links included.
- https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/To-all-freelancers-looking-for-help/m-p/1230482#M734358

- https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

100d5f7b
Community Member

Hi Robin L,

It's pleasure to meet you, I would like to request you to review my profile and tips for landing a long-term contract. Thank you.

f256ae71
Community Member

Please I want

Please I want to request for a review on my profile.

thank you 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a9319199a488cf81

54b6e195
Community Member

I think I have been on Upwork for about six months now. I  submitted more than  15 proposals but Not even one interview.

So how can I convince the client to give me a chance and at least try to contact me as a newcomer .I am not getting almost any work. I have tried my best to identify and fix it. But, no success yet. Can someone please check my profile and let me know if there is anything important to improve or any tips, please? Thanks.

Profile:  https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01fc34999fdbb23240

Anis

15 proposals in six months? You think that's a lot, that's nothing.
You're going to have to send many, many more to maybe get something.
Regarding your profile, the first two lines are important and you are wasting them. They're the only thing customers see without opening your profile, so you need to draw their attention there. You don't have to say hello, or say who you are, what you do or anything like that. Customers can already see that.
And talk to the client, don't talk so much about yourself. What can you do for them, how can you solve their problems.
You have three profiles and all three start the same and that's what customers are seeing.
And the emojis, I'm sorry, but they seem childish to me.

Agreed. When I started Upwork, I did 10-20 proposals a day on average. 

Hi Nicole, I can't do 10- 20 proposal a day  because I don't have much connects  and people here they bid with 50 connects, and that's the probelm , I am absolutely lost .

I didn't mention it to Nicole G., but perhaps sending up to 20 proposals a day seems too much to me, it seems like you are sending proposals to everything that appears.
You have to be selective. And if you don't have connects, you will have to buy some, you have no other choice.
And by the way, you don't have to bid on your proposals.

Thank you Maria 

1cd653a2
Community Member

Thanks Robin for taking the time to set this up and monitor it! Thank you Very much for Telling

9f79a4ab
Community Member

Hello, 

I'm Ihsan ,I would appreciate it if someone could take a moment to review my profile. Thank you!

Profile Link:https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d2d0bb9cd986147b

You are wasting the first two lines that are the only thing the client sees without opening your profile. You don't have to say hello, introduce yourself and say what you do, clients can already see that.
Talk to the client, what you can do for them. Don't talk so much about yourself.
AI text? It seems.
It seems very long to me. I think three or four paragraphs would be enough.
And the emojis..., it's a matter of taste, but I find it annoying and childish.
You have two profiles and in both you say the same thing, being from two different skills. Each profile must have its own text.

preeti1002
Community Member

Hey, can anyone please review my profile , it will be of great help.

thank you

02a3ea5c
Community Member

I'm Armya,I would appreciate it if someone could take a moment to review my profile. Thank you!
Armya F. - Interior Designer - Upwork Freelancer from Qina, Egypt

You must delete the contact information that appears in the video and if it appears anywhere else.
It's not allowed.

ok thank you Maria 
is theres anything else that i can do to improve my profile ?

You are welcome.
About your profile, first of all, is it written with AI? because it seems so to me.
If so, try writing it yourself, make it warmer.

You're wasting the first two lines. It's the only thing clients see without opening your profile. You don't need to say who you are or what you do, they can already see that. You must hook them there, go directly to the point so that they are interested in opening your profile and seeing all the information.

Hi Maria T

Can you Review My Profile Please 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/osamajamal

a15afd12
Community Member

Hi, I'm Sadiq. It would be great to get my profile reviewed

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/msadiqb21

9cf3b3da
Community Member

Hi everyone

I just joined upwork, and try to start making money for it, I know it's hard, but I will working hard on it. nice to meet you all.

this is my profile, hope I'm doing right to build my profile : https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/rahmatadri

check it out.

any feedback will be appreciated 😊

regards

thank you

nimishadimri
Community Member

Hi Robin, I am new to Upwork & have got few jobs lately. I would like to get more invitations & job offers on my profile. Can you please review my profile & share some tips with me. 
Thank You!

6533c3ab
Community Member

Thanks, Man!

7f8feeae
Community Member
7f8feeae
Community Member

Hello sir Robin L please also review my profile 

52b66f88
Community Member

Hi.

I've been on Upwork for about a year now, I had a big project and now that it's on pause I can't find work. Probably because my profile was inactive while I was working on one project.

What is your advice for me?
Thanks!!!

yes i can help you
df5be1b3
Community Member

Hi, I'm a graphic designer specializing in YouTube thumbnail designs. I'm confident in my skills but haven't been landing many jobs on Upwork. Would anyone be willing to review my profile and offer constructive feedback?

joseph-quartey
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

My name is Joseph Q., a 3D Artist & Social Media Manager specialized within Web3. As I'm always looking to grow and improve, I'd love your seasoned insights on optimizing my Upwork profile for better client engagement. Additionally, I am interested in expanding my lead generation tactics, both on and off the platform.

Here’s a glimpse into my profile:

• I bring a unique artistic signature, influenced by my diverse experiences from Ghana to South America, with a focus on Manga, anime, and empowerment themes.
  • In the NFT space since March 2021, I've been minting and marketing digital art while also managing vibrant Web3 communities.
  • With a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering and skills in blockchain, NFT, and cryptocurrency, I'm blending the technical with the creative.
  • My portfolio showcases a range of projects, from bespoke 3D product designs to social media strategy and community engagement within the blockchain realm.

You can view more of my work and professional background here on my Upwork profile https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016a4ed8a64b63bf49?mp_source=share.

I am currently seeking advice on the following:

1. Profile Presentation: Are there aspects of my profile that could be refined or better highlighted to attract potential clients?
  2. Lead Generation: What strategies have you found successful for lead generation within Upwork? Are there any techniques you'd recommend for extending reach outside the platform?
  3. Additional Tips: Any general advice or pointers that could help improve my chances of connecting with the right clients?

Your feedback and suggestions will be invaluable to me, and I am open to constructive criticism. Also, if you have any insights into effective lead generation techniques that have worked for you, I would be extremely grateful to learn from your experiences.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and I look forward to your valuable advice!

Warm regards, Joseph Q. (JhennyArt)

If you want us to review your profile, you must make it public.