🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Updated Work Diary, assumed to be an extra wo...
Page options
maxim-tkahch
Community Member

Updated Work Diary, assumed to be an extra work.

Hello!
The work was finished according to client's requirements. I've asked a client to do check a work but client is asking for an extra changes, which were not in initial description of a job. This things can be qualified as an extra scope work. All changes are available in upwork's messages. Assuming work is finished I've asked a client to check the work, she has requested some extra changes (to logo) which were done additionaly. After I've asked he to close a contract (as all requirements were fullfilled) she asked for the new extra changes, which is not a part of an initial job description. Could this be a reason for a dispute?

Thanks in advance,
Maxim.

1 REPLY 1
jojomo
Community Member

Hey Maxim,

Being a designer myself, I understand the situation you are in, as I've had to deal with similar cases.

This is is what I recommend you do -- in my opinion and experience, you should ALWAYS be somewhat flexible (this goes a long way trust me). Instead of getting upset about the situation, just try to handle it in a professional manner.

1) if changes are minimal, be VERY polite and just agree to the changes even though they go above and beyond what the job description stipulated and let her know that if there are any more edits to be done after this, you will need to add a milestone to the contract (if its a fixed rate contract)

2) If the changes required are going to be super time-consuming, just explain this kindly to the client (don't start a dispute without trying to communicate with your client first, this is very unprofessional), estimate the time that it'll take you and see if she will agree to adding a milestone to your contract.

Going forward, consider it a lesson learned! Next time, ALWAYS mention what the client will be getting upon hiring you/start of contract and clearly list what is in included in your proposal -- this includes the number of "edits and changes". Anything that falls outside the scope of your outline/proposal will be billed additionally and will require a new milestone for X amount. 

It's very important to be clear and concise when outlining terms with your client to avoid any confusion.