🐈
» Forums » Support » [Now Testing] Upwork Picks
Page options
2c724a5e
Community Member

[Now Testing] Upwork Picks

Starting May 23, we’re testing an algorithm that badges projects as Upwork Picks. Upwork Picks are recognized for their clarity of deliverables, competitive pricing, and freelancer responsiveness. For two weeks, badging that uses this algorithm will be viewable by all clients and visitors for every category page in Project Catalog.

Check out the announcement for Upwork Picks and let us know your thoughts about this update in the comments below.

5 REPLIES 5
researchediting
Community Member

Upwork always uses "competitive" as a euphemism for cheap. So out of six criteria—

• Clarity of deliverables
  • Competitive pricing
  • Freelancer responsiveness
  • Project relevance to category
  • Talent rating
  • Amount of purchases for project

—one is about cheapness, and the two I've italicized are about reinforcing Upwork's longstanding production-line model of freelancing.

Thanks for making it clearer still that the PC fast-retail marketplace has nothing to do with my services, or those of the other freelancing professionals I know.

agree, feels like the only point of the "project offering" is to push down the prices.... 

aaf60a65
Community Member

To whom it may concern.

UPWORK was updated on the web side in the last few days, and our colleagues are finding it extremely difficult to use. We are still used to the old version and think it is more logical and user-friendly.

Before that, it kept the old version of the portal. But now, there is no access portal for the old version. Therefore, we strongly hope that you will keep the old version of the portal, thank you very much.

With all due respect, the new version of the UPWORK website is a complete failure.

crart
Community Member

I have yet to see anyone actually interested in my project. Looks like yet another way for Upwork to drive away both clients and freelancers. All these points are, well, pointless, if I have no orders I will never get selected and if I don't get selected I will not have a chance to have an order. Well, as we gamers say, gg. 

As I repeat for some time now, after all changes that made me stop my medical treatment due to lack of projects and thus money, Upwork is messing with people's lives and this will end up badly, Upwork corpo greed will destroy this platform because there is not even one human being left there, only money making machines. 

cyber_sec007
Community Member

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any sort of roadmap to provide a feature about project catalog statistics? I mean view, click, etc...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths