🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Account policy
Page options
speedkill
Community Member

Account policy

Hi all,
Someone recently contacted me and said his upwork account was suspended (i don't know the reason). I have an account but I don't use it that much so this person proposes me to use my account. So now since I have read about your ToS I know that this is not allowed. The question is, If he remote connects to me and creates a new connection for himself, would that be allowed? I
5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hello Francisco,

Please note that buying, selling or renting your Upwork account is considered a violation of our TOS which may lead to account suspension. For more information about our efforts, please see this Community announcement and report suspicious activity to our team for review. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi,
Im not saying I will share my account, i would share o guess my IP, couse he would connect through my home connection

Hi Francisco,

I believe the ban would still apply as it based on the account and not the IP. I estimate that the only realstic recourse is for your friend to satisfy whatever Upwork needs to lift the ban.

re: "Im not saying I will share my account, i would share o guess my IP, couse he would connect through my home connection"

If you do anything of the sort, I think you are risking a lot of pain. Even if personally never plan to use Upwork again. There is so much that go wrong that could come back to bite you... i don't even know where to begin.

Not allowed.

Not worth the risk.

This person is a scammer, and he wants to pay you to be his accomplice. You're okay with that?
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members