🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Anyone else noticing a decline in the quality...
Page options
chrisvaughan02
Community Member

Anyone else noticing a decline in the quality of contract postings?

Lately,  postings are just one or two sentences saying "I want to do x, because the current sytem sucks"  and then a bunch of random unrelated questions, which I assume is a list that upwork has them choose from because I've answered "What past project or job have you had that is most like this one and why?"  like 50 times and more often than not, they haven't actuall stated anything about the project. 

Is this new?  I generally work for repeat clients so I'm just noticing this as a trend.

6 REPLIES 6
lysis10
Community Member

No, it's not new. It's typical low quality client. Just skip it.

a_uraj
Community Member

That's true, for sure, clients are looking more and more for cheap work while keeping high their requirements for quality. This has decreased and it's decreasing the quality of the overall platform. Long story short, Upwork is becoming worthless. Look for alternatives, good days are just a good memory at this point!

Cheers! 

lysis10
Community Member

Aniseta U wrote:

That's true, for sure, clients are looking more and more for cheap work while keeping high their requirements for quality. This has decreased and it's decreasing the quality of the overall platform. Long story short, Upwork is becoming worthless. Look for alternatives, good days are just a good memory at this point!

Cheers! 

When I signed up for Elance in 2010, they told me the same thing. 10 years later, I'm really glad I never listened to any of these people.

a_uraj
Community Member

Not my case! Another disappointment with a client and also with this platform as well. Is really disgusted how the hourly contracts are handled, in particular when the respective team refunds once and the next time decides to pass the favor to client! This is not professional and of course new alternatives are becoming more clear now after 3 months! 

michelle-trevino
Community Member

The blame lies with the freelancers who are applying to a job with no real job description. If no one applied, it would either force the company to actually fill out a decent job description or look elsewhere.

wickedlnl
Community Member

Yeah just ignore those. My field is photography/retouching and when someone just leaves...oh i need bout 20 photos retouched...if there are no examples attached I skip. Simply because its too vague, they could want a product cut out, a beauty portrait skin retouch, a dogs head on a Renaissance body, real estate etc. All different types of retouching. Next thing you know you applied something totally left field for you.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members