🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Archiving Proposals
Page options
domaharkai
Community Member

Archiving Proposals

Hi community, 
I have noticed an odd thing, since a while I'm unable to archive active proposals. While before it worked fine, now the button doesn't seem to work, there is no pop-up nor any action after clicking on it. Withdraw proposal works fine, but I have a couple of my interviews I would like to archive. Could someone maybe look into the issue or give me any advice? Thanks in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Doma,

I checked this from my end and was able to see the Archive button.
Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. If you`re still having the same problem please reach out to me via PM with more details about the proposals/interviews you`re referring. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Doma,

I checked this from my end and was able to see the Archive button.
Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. If you`re still having the same problem please reach out to me via PM with more details about the proposals/interviews you`re referring. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran! Deleting my cache worked, however, I've found that f I enable the  "Don't warn me next time" tickbox on the archive pop-up the issue comes back (so I had to delete the cache again). When I leave the box unticked it continues to work fine. I'm on Chrome btw.

Thank you for the follow up Doma.

I will share the information with our engineering team for this to be investigated further and be checked that everything is working as designed. 

~ Goran
Upwork

I can second Doma's experience.  You guys have a bit wrong in there somewhere when you close that dialog it then no longer allows you to archive projects. 

petra_r
Community Member

Almost invariably there is no need to murder your entire cache (which actually has a purpose!!)

Try a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5 on Windows) before resorting to extremes like clearing cache and killing all cookies.

I have not ever, once, encountered an Upwork issue that clearing cache or cookies cured when a hard refresh did not.

In other words: If a hard refresh doesn't fix it, cookie- and cache murdering probably won't either.

Somewhere in the depth of hell sits a technical service rep who first started that rumour that killing cookies and cache is some cure-all. It may fix stuff, but breaks all the cookies and cache are there for in the first place.  In most cases it is entirely unneccessary and a simple hard refresh would do the trick.

florydev
Community Member

Clearing the cache is the ctrl-alt-del of this era.  It is right up there with...what browser are you using?

petra_r
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

Clearing the cache is the ctrl-alt-del of this era.  It is right up there with...what browser are you using?

Or: "Is it plugged in and switched on?"

No killing cookiesNo killing cookies

florydev
Community Member

However, I tried that and it didn't work.

I did it before in an private browser window.  Still not clearing my cookies!

Hi Goran,

Using Chromes "Clear Browsing Data" worked for me. But when I immediately returned to Upwork to archive several jobs, I forgot to not check "Don't warn me again" resulting in the Archive button not working again. Thus, I had to do another "Clear Browsing Data" and all worked OK.

But why would this be an issue when the Cookies & Cache were cleared less than 60s ago?

FYI: It would sure be nice to have the option of selecting multiple jobs then apply Archive.

Thanks!

Tom

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths