🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Asking for international levy charge to recei...
Page options
estrella_roseann
Community Member

Asking for international levy charge to receive the salary

Hardwork went to drainage because of this people. It is from retyping,copywriting job.they send the telegram accounts to be contacted in order to start the project and other account to get paid. Then after they sent me 'deposit slip' saying they already sent the money, they began to ask me to pay $80 dollars for levy charge before i can receive the money in 12 minutes. I knew it from this moment that they are fraud, cause the bank should be the one to deduct something from me if they wired me foreign currency. Wasted my time, i just want a side job to give my only son a simple bday party next week and this is what i encountered.what a sad experience,i attached the convos and telegram account of the fraudsters hoping to save honest people from this heartache

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
50f7abd3
Community Member

It's really unfortunate the number of scammers there are these days. However, you missed so many red flags along the way. Here are some checks I do before any engagement (my choice).

1. What is your profile like? Unrated or less than 4.2, then no.
  2. Contact us on this Telegram/Whatsapp/Email. then no.
  3. What is your hire rate to jobs posted ratio? If  too few hires with several posts, no
  4. Did you ask for 99 freelancers? Definitely no.

I just looked at your profile and you should probably work on it. This is because it's serious clients that check out your profile to see if you are the right person. Work on it so more serious clients will send you genuine offers. Sadly, even if you expose them here, they'll just spawn another account.

Better luck going forward.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
yofazza
Community Member

50f7abd3
Community Member

It's really unfortunate the number of scammers there are these days. However, you missed so many red flags along the way. Here are some checks I do before any engagement (my choice).

1. What is your profile like? Unrated or less than 4.2, then no.
  2. Contact us on this Telegram/Whatsapp/Email. then no.
  3. What is your hire rate to jobs posted ratio? If  too few hires with several posts, no
  4. Did you ask for 99 freelancers? Definitely no.

I just looked at your profile and you should probably work on it. This is because it's serious clients that check out your profile to see if you are the right person. Work on it so more serious clients will send you genuine offers. Sadly, even if you expose them here, they'll just spawn another account.

Better luck going forward.

Thank you for your well thought reply, i will remember to use your guidelines this time. I hope we can find good clients soon😊

9dbdfcd0
Community Member

Same on this side, I was asked to pay $200 for tax levy, I wasted my potential time and skills just to find out it is a scam!

Every time I remember the all nighter I pulled just to finished retyping 100 pdf pages really pisses me off, good thing we didnt give them money or else we will be more pissed and regretful.

5d6ca843
Community Member

Add the screenshot of the account on telegram that you were scammed by

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members