🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The beneficiary name is mismatched.
Page options
Sandra Angela M Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
Anastasia K Community Member

Hi! I'm just trying to add another one payment method in my account and after adding I have the error "The beneficiary name is mismatched." But I have already checked the name twice, it's completely correct. Could you please help me with this? Thanks!

Valeria K Community Member

Hi Anastasia,

The issue with the name mismatch should now be cleared. Please, allow for the standard 3-day security period to pass and your payment method should be ready to use.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Yetkin T Community Member

Hi all.

I have the same error too. My last name has local characters so i think it is because of. My upwork name may not fit with my bank account name . What will i do? Can anyone help me please?

Thank you already.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Yetkin,

Please allow 48 hours for the name mismatch on your account to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Ibrahim A Community Member

Hi there 🖐, I've got a question: How can I verify my bank account, There is a info that is "The beneficiary name is mismatched.". The bank account is mine. My full name and my full name in my bank account actually matches, there are only turkish characters differences between them.

I verified my UpWork account also.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Ibrahim,

Looks like you added your payment method today. Please allow 48 hours for the name mismatch on your account to be reviewed.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Maria M Community Member

Hello! After more than 1 year using the same bank account, now I'm having issues with my payment method. They say there's a mismatch in the names, but the names are the same, or is there a problem that in my bank I have my full name (Maria Alejandra Medina Medina), and in my Upwork account the name is Maria Medina (for me it's the same). Please can you help me with this issue??

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Maria,

I'd like to confirm that this has been fixed already. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Maria M Community Member

Hello! After more than 1 year using the same bank account, now I'm having issues with my payment method. They say there's a mismatch in the names, but the names are the same, or is there a problem that in my bank I have my full name (Maria Alejandra Medina Medina), and in my Upwork account the name is Maria Medina (for me it's the same). Please can you help me with this issue??

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Maria, 

I checked your account but I'm not seeing any name mismatch on your account. Could you please confirm where you're seeing this?

~ Avery
Maria M Community Member

Hello! In just changed my profile name, it was veryfied almost immediately, and the problema was solved after that. Thank you
Oscar A Community Member

I got a similar Issue, after i verified my ID, all my payment methods have the same 'Beneficiary name mismatch' problem. But i didn't change my name, and they were working before verifying my ID.

Valeria K Community Member

Hi Oscar,

You should be all set now!

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Kadir Burak B Community Member

My full name is "Kadir Burak Baynazı", and I am trying to add payment method and it says Beneficiary name is mismatched and now it is restricted. Maybe I should write my name like "Kadir Burak Baynazi"?  I tried different things but can't fix this. Can you help?

Tzvetalina S Community Member

Hello,  I need to talk to or email an upwork representative.  How do I go about contacting them or getting in touch with them?  Thanks!

Preston H Community Member

What is your question about Upwork?

What do you need help with?

Hi Tzvetalina,

Could you please share with us your concern so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Tzvetalina S Community Member

Hello Bojan,

Thank you for your reply. My concern is regarding my payment method, which is not being verified. I have a one letter mismatch between my profile first name and my bank account. I would like to have my bank account connected to my upwork account without having to change that one letter, the letter mismatch is just a matter of transcription from cyrillic.   This should fall under " We’ll approve recognized name variations, like Robert/Bob or J.J./John Jacob, within 48 hours." However, the account is not been approved for about a week. Thanks.

Thanks for your patience, Tzvetalina.

Your beneficiary name has been approved. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Kadir Burak B Community Member

My full name is "Kadir Burak Baynazı", and I am trying to add payment method and it says Beneficiary name is mismatched and now it is restricted. Maybe I should write my name like "Kadir Burak Baynazi"?  I tried different things but can't fix this. Can you help?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Kadir Burak,

I have followed up with our team and your beneficiary name has been aproved.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Julia M Community Member

My payment has been disabled for nearly 2 weeks now due to the beneficiary name being mismatched, which it shouldn't be because I use my full name for my bank information and my Upwork profile. I figured that this would be resolved by my next payment date, but alas it still says the same error information. The Upwork support team has not contacted me and I can't even contact them because it is near impossible to speak to a human for customer service. The bot is entirely unhelpful and I find that the only way to reach Upwork's customer service is through this forumn.

So I guess if anyone has some way to reach customer service via email or phone and could post that here that would be great and I would appreciate it! Or if a moderator sees this if they could please put me in touch with the support team so I can accsess my money I'd be very thankful.

Hi Julia,

Your beneficiary name has been approved.

Thanks for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Leyla Dilara I Community Member

Hello,

I have the same problem too.  "The beneficiary name is mismatched."

I guess it's because there are foreign characters in my name. That's why my payment method started to appear inactive.

Can you please help me?

Looking forward

Hi Leyla,

Looks like your beneficiary name has been approved. Can you please complete the W-8BEN form in order to activate your payment method? You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members