🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Beneficiary name mismatch
Page options
Sandra Angela M Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Omer,

I've shared your concern with the team and you should no longer see this error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need additional help.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Dalia M Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue.

The beneficiary name is mismatched, despite I'm using same email for Upwork and PayPal and tried to change my name on Upwork to match.

I'm not able to figure out how to contact customer support!

Could you please help?

Hi Dahlia,

Please allow 48 hours for the team to review your name mismatch.

~Andrea
Victor Miguel P Community Member

Hello,

In my case i got the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the email and name from both my paypal account and upwork are the same. What do I do?

Hi Victor Miguel,

Looks like your Paypal payment method was already reviewed and approved!

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Nina B Community Member

I have the same issue, and names and emails on both accounts are absolutely identical. How long will it take to review?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Nina,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for our team to review. If they need more information from you, they will reach out to you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Tarik D Community Member

Hello,

My payment has been returned because of the mismatch between the name on my account and name on my card.

The thing is, I am Bosnian and have affricate latter in my surname “Đ”. As this latter is not present in English language, sometimes it’s written as “Dj” and sometimes as “D”. The problem is that I’ve used “D” on my profile name while my bank used “Dj” on my card.

This is causing mismatch, and as my name is already verified, I can’t find a way to fix this.

Please help. Thanks
Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Tarik,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Tarik D Community Member

Hello,

I quaried about this issue last week under request https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/32642812

I was told that the account name missmatch was resolved but that the issue is with incorrect account number.

I’ve just spoke to my bank and turns out that I had incorrect IBAN added. I have now corrected this, but upon adding new payment method this message shows up:

https://www43.online-convert.com/dl/web7/download-file/02245cd6-aba3-4560-9c67-810978a72ac8/0F19470B...

I’m still concerned that payments will be rejected due to this. Please ensure that this is resolved. I’ve explained with is causing missmatch in my first request (reference provided)

Thanks!

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Tarik,

Please allow up to 72 hours for the review on your new method to be completed. If you're still experiencing any problems after this, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Haris M Community Member

Hi , 

I have same problem with "The beneficiary name is mismatched" but both names , on Upwork profile and PayPal are same , can you please check it out ?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Haris,

I checked and it looks like your beneficiary name mismatch is now resolved. Could you please confirm if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Huon C Community Member

Hi Haris,

I have the same issue here that my paypal mismatch with my Upwork name. Could you please help review it to me? And I also have changed my Upwork name as well and my full name supposed to be Chaneliza **Edited for Community Guidelines**. 

Best regards,

Chaneliza 

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Chaneliza,

I checked with the team and you should be all set now. Please note that in order to activate your payment method and access your earnings, you need to complete the W-8BEN form, which purpose is to confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. Also remember that for your security, you need to allow 3 days for the withdrawal method to become active.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Huon C Community Member

Hi Aleksander,

Thank you for your reach to me here. I have done the W-8BEN part and now everything is all set for me. Thank you so much. 

Best regards,

Chaneliza

Heather Demi F Community Member

Hi, Vladimir.

I just added my local bank account as a payment method and I see a notification box saying the beneficiary name does not match. 

I can confirm that the bank account is mine and has the same name as I have on Upwork.

Are there necessary steps I need to take to resolve this?

Thank you in advance.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Heather Demi,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Hojjat J Community Member

Hello, When I'm trying to add my PayPal it gives me this error :

Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

MERT O Community Member

Hi Vladmir. I have same problem about 2 weeks. Can you help me? 

Amani B Community Member

Hello, In my case I was able to get paid via my local bank for almost a year without any problem, today I wanted to get paid from my upwork account but I got the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the email and name from both my bank account and upwork are the same. What do I do? Thanks in advance

Hi Amani,

I checked with the team and they were able to clear the name mismatch on your account.

~Andrea
Joseph D Community Member

I'm faced with the same issue. My name on my upwork profile and bank are the same. But I get that "beneficiary name mismatched" message.
Avery O Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out, Joseph.

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Avery
Karim S Community Member

Hello, 

In my case i got the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the email and name from both my paypal account and upwork are the same. What do I do?

Thanks in advance

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members