๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Freelancers ยป Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
Sandra Angela M Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If itโ€™s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
Ahmed A Community Member

hi i have the same issue here could you please help me out.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Ahmed,

Our team will be reviewing this and will update you directly. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Ruben D Community Member

Hi, i have this same problem with mine aswell. I can't seem to link my paypal to my upwork account. I tried changing my upwork account name to match the name on my paypal but still doesnt seem to work. can anyone help me with this?

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Ruben,

Please allow more time for our team to review the name mismatch and notify you of the outcome.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Himel R Community Member

I have the same problem. Now, What can I Do? I already requested to change my profile name today.
Capture.JPG

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Himel,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you or reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Milena B Community Member

Hi I'm having the same problem. I don't have a bank account so my family provides the PayPal account for me to get paid. How can I solve this? I have a deadline a I dont know what to do.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Milena,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Abdullah Al Mahmud N Community Member

Hello,

I'm having same problem. What should I do? Please help.

Hi Abdullah,

In order to make your withdrawal method active and access your earnings, you need to complete the W-8BEN form. The form is used to confirm youโ€™re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. You can do that by going to the Settings > Tax Information page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Mohamed E Community Member

Hello!

My beneficiary name is mismatched, What can I do to fix this?

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Mohamed,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Leah S Community Member

I am receiving the same error and can't find a way to contact Upwork directly. I literally copied and pasted my account name into the payment name. Yet, still I am getting: Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Leah,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Tina l Community Member

Dear Goran

I am in the same difficulty and very unhappy. I am in the process of completing 2 contracts so what I need to know is how to edit my name details on my account please. I wish this had been explained when I signed up? My experience on Upwork has been fantastic so far and I really do not want to be annoyed because I just can't get paid, despite the amounts being shown in my account. Please help.

Thanks.

Tina

Tina Lawlor Mottram
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Serpentina,

If you would like to update your profile name you will need to go to Settings > Contact Info and simply update your name.
One of our team members will also reach out to you via ticket and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Tina l Community Member

Thank you Goran

Tina Lawlor Mottram
Reejhu M Community Member

Hi Goran V. I have the same problem, because I don't have last name on my National ID.
Parvesh P Community Member

I have the same problem. What I need to do? Please help.

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Parvesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Akshay L Community Member

I intially had my acocunt on my name. 

Now I want the deposit to come in my business acount. 

But when I add the bank details it says 

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Please guide what needs to be done. 

Hi Akshay,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Cristina B Community Member

I have the same problem; please let me know what I need to do to receive my money. I created 3 different Paypal accounts, and the name does not match; I do not know why. 

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Cristina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and your name mismatch error should no be removed from your account. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Pison Natasha F Community Member

Im having the same problem even though ive hcanged my upwork name with government identification and it still says mismatched can someone help me please?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members