🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
asim-kuddoos
Community Member

Hi,

I have an issue, My beneficary account name and Upwork account name are different due to spelling issue. My Upwork profile name is "Asim Kuddoos" and Bank account name is "Mohammad Asim Qadoos". 

Is there any issue if i submit my bank account name with Asim Kuddoos,or my payment acocunt will be rejected. Bucause my Bank Account title is "Mohammad Asim Qadoos"

Hi Asim,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly and will suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your bank or payment account name.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
5ce56196
Community Member

Hi,

I'm a freelancer at Upwork

i added PAYPAL as a payment method to my account and it says the beneficiary name is mismatched

but my name on upwork is the same in paypal and the email too 

so what is the problem

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fares,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dorian_v
Community Member

Can someone please reach out to me as well? I think the issue is that my middle name is missing from Upwork but I generally don't use it.

"Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Hi Dorian,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
feliksmukhtarov
Community Member

The beneficiary name on the payment method you added doesn't match the name on your Upwork account. 

I have my PayPal account on my russian name, but it didn't match with my upWork account, please help. 

Hi Feliks,

It can take up to 24 hours for our team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you once they complete the process.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
michelleesterkin
Community Member

hello i have a mismatch on my name but don't really see the difference.  can you help me validate my payoneer account for my payments? 

thank you 

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bangank36
Community Member

Hi there,

I just add new payment method to the account, there is a mismatch of first name and last name (in my country last name come first).

Where can I submit the bank statement to get my verification process?

And also I noticed Payoneer can not connect as payment source, is there something wrong?

Thanks

Ngan Le

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ngan,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bangank36
Community Member

I am now stuck at visual verification, how to process the video chat?

cloudy_queen
Community Member

I’m panicking cause my payment has been returned twice saying the beneficiary name was wrong. My account is actually under my name. How do I solve this?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Farzana,

It looks like you re-added your payment method just recently. Please note that once you add or re-add your payment method for security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three calendar days. Be sure to double-check your account number and details carefully. Accurate entry of these details is your responsibility and essential for successful withdrawals. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
michelleesterkin
Community Member

Hello , I need help! My name is mismatched and I don't really understand why! 

I cant make my payoneer and paypal accounts active

Thank you, 

Michelle 

Hi Michelle,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Also, please complete the W-8BEN form under Settings> Tax Info, which purpose is to confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
hylian_harpy
Community Member

I was married last January and now have a new last name that doesn't match my last name on my bank account(maiden name). I am unable to change my name at the bank due to an unresolved issue I have with the secretary of state making an error in my last name on my license, so I'm stuck having different last names on different accounts for now. I am working on getting it all sorted out, but how can I prove my identity and work now while my accounts aren't yet under the same name?

Long story short: The name on my bank account is my maiden name, how can I verify my identity? 

Hi Jenah,

I checked your account, and I can see that your request to change your name has already been approved. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
asgojko
Community Member

Hi. My name is mismatched because I'm a transgender individual and I'm working on getting my name legally changed but can't afford to yet. Isn't there a way I can use my payment method under my dead name without using my dead name for Upwork? Thank you in advance.

Hi Adrien,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
dd42d115
Community Member

I am trying to add a bank account for the payment methods but I am not able to add it as it says the name on the Upwork account does not match with my bank account name. In my bank, It is my full name including the middle name which I have not used on the Upwork profile can any admins help me with this? I also tried reaching out to Upwork customer Service but was not able to do that as well as I do not see a contact number where I can reach them. Can someone please help me with this?

keshav_wowz
Community Member

Hello There- The issue is regarding the Payment method deactivated as i have used my Business account (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) to withdraw the Funds. I have attached the Article of Association for the business account for your reference. Please review clause no.58 pn page no. 7 of the attached file wherein my name as been listed among the board of Directors.

On the Basis of this document only my account was verified last time

Regards

Keshav

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Keshav, and Ahmed,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
iaa87
Community Member

I'm having issues with setting up my payment method because I was not using my full name. I have updated my full name as per my bank account and verified my account but still facing the same issue. Could you please help?

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Issam,

Please allow up to 24 hours for our team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are needed from your end.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
gururajcocos2d
Community Member

I am here at Upwork from oDesk time...more than 6yrs+. I used same bank account for local fund transfer for more than 100 times..now suddenly Upwork deactivated my bank account...I can't withdraw to same bank...how to fix? where in Upwork I see my financial name...how to change financial name? how to match my Upwork name to bank name? I think its same already but still Upwork errorrr.

Hi Gururaj,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
c966aaad
Community Member

I don't have a last name that's why I am using my first name as my last name because Upwork is not allowing me to leave the last name field is empty. But now when I'm trying to attaching my payment method, it's giving an error that my name doesn't match with the attached account name. As in my bank details, there is no last name.

Need help.

Hi Parshant, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c966aaad
Community Member

Sure, I'm Waiting.

49204d9d
Community Member

hi please help me
The name of my Paypal account is identical to my Upwork account, However, I have a message

Hi Sara,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Kindly allow up to 24 hours for the team to review the name mismatch. If any further steps are needed from your end, they'll let you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
khafrakhaled
Community Member

Hello! my name is  Khaled and i have a problem with Payment method verification.

When i connected my upwork with my paypal it said: "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account" even though my Upwork and my Paypal name are the same.

Hi Khaled,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you experienced this. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c966aaad
Community Member

It's been more than 24 hours and still, my problem isn't resolved, and didn't even hear from your team what's going on?

Hi Parshant,

I checked and can confirm that your payment method was successfully added and there is no longer a name mismatch. Please, note that for security reasons your payment method will become active in three days from the date it was added. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

24 hours have passed, but the problem remains.

Hi Khaled,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your payment method. I will follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

thank you sir, i will wait your service 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members