🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fernando,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b80f9dfc
Community Member

Recently I added a new payment metod but I just received a notification saying that it was wrong because the name doesn’t match. The problem is that here I have my full name -Two names and two last names- but in my paypal account they use my name as it appears on my bank account -Just first and last name-
I don't know what can I do to solve this, anyone have an idea? Thanks!!

Change your bank account name, PayPal name, and Upwork name so that they all match each other. And make sure they are all your legal name.

angelefd
Community Member

My payment method is paypal and it currently has the same name as my upwork but it rejects it now, it had worked perfectly before.

Hi Angel,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
kamlesh65
Community Member

Dear Upwork Community,

I'm having trouble while setting up my payment method on Upwork. I don't have a "Last name" or "Surname" in any of my personal identity proof and I don't have a "Last name" or "Surname" on my bank account too. I use just a first name "Kamlesh" as my official name everywhere.

This is my profile **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Due to the last name issue I'm unable to set up my withdraw and payment method on Upwork.

Waiting for a good solution

Thanking You

Hi Kamlesh,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mujab1
Community Member

My company name is optimusfox at upwork. I've entered my company bank account in agency profile but payment method is deactivate saying Beneficiary name mismatch to the account name.

I'm finding no way to solve it.

Hi Mujab,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
cd071832
Community Member

I had just added my bank details to receive payments in future but after adding all the details correctly its saying 'beneficiary name is mismatched', and so please take actions accordingly to solve this problem.

Hi Mazhar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
311c970d
Community Member

Greetings Upwork group,

I'm happy that I am working in upwork as a visual originator yet I am dealing with an issue with my installment. I needed to get paid but since of my name I can't do it. As a matter of fact In character verification wherever my name is just Himanshu not last name. I have each record that discussions about me and my name.

Kindly Do Something About It

Thank You Team , 

Hi Johsan,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork

received this notification - " Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information." -
even though my name in the Upwork account matches my real name, which is registered in my Paypal account. Please, i need to solve this problem. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Ahmed,

Please allow time for the team to review your account. If they need more information from you, they will reach out to you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our page for additional information.
I received this issue. please do need full. There is no problem with this account before why I encountered this issue today.

Hi Jomar, 

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks

Any update I need to withdraw the money.  Even though I used my current payment method to get transfer my payment multiple times before/

please i am having exactly the same issue now, how do i open ticket?

Hi Felix,

Our team will update your payment method shortly as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi may i know if, did you withdraw already? And how did you do that, thanks.
brknkrdl
Community Member

I’ve uploaded my last work today and got approved by the employer. However, I am currently seeing a problem in my payment method, as it says ‘’Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary named on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.’’ I got paid before with the same account as mine. The account holder is me and the name on the account and the name of my Upwork account match perfectly. I don’t know why this problem occurs, please help me. Thanks in advance.

naji0112
Community Member

Payment method verification in progress Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. Please visit our FAQ page for additional information. 

Its been more than 48 hours. Can someone help me with this?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jan Gerald, 

Thank you for patiently waiting as our team looked into this further. The name mismatch on your account has already been cleared. 

If you need further help with anything, please don't hesitate to post it here in the Upwork Community. 

Have a great day!

~ Avery
Upwork
mohamedfathiii
Community Member

I received this notification - " Payment method verification in progress
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information." -
even though my name in the Upwork account matches my real name, which is registered in my Paypal account. Please, i need to solve this problem.

Hi Mohamed,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork

Hello Please do something to my account. I need to withdraw the money. How long it takes.

Hi Jomar,

One of our agents has just reached out to you to further assist you. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello I created my Upwork account name is not match my bank account name therefore I changed my Upwork name to the bank account name then this message came 

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary named
on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Please help to fix this

Hi Sajana,

Our team will approve your payment method shortly and you will be able to use it. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have this same issue and both names are just the same. I have 'Saul Gallegos' in my name account and that's the same name I have in my UpWork account

Hi Saul, 

Your beneficiary name should be approved now. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cf073e19
Community Member

Dear Concern,

Got this error when i add my bank details into my profile "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Can you pls help in this matter so i can avail the smooth transactions 🙂 

Hi,

you open a support ticket in the Upwork help center.

Joynul

What does support ticket mean sir?
I am new to upwork, i tried every possible way to reach out to the support team. Can you pls help?

Hello there,
You raise a support ticket in the Upwork help center. Ticket system is easy to access as you can raise ticket directly from website as well as from within your member panel anytime as per your convenience. It is a written and registered complaint so you are always well informed throughout the process.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Regards!

Hi Mudasir,

To set up payment to your bank or payment account, it should match your verified name on Upwork. We’ll approve recognized name variations, like Robert/Bob or J.J./John Jacob, within 48 hours. If you use an unrecognized name variation or nickname, we’ll require that you verify your identity. I've escalated your concern to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mirasmax
Community Member

Hello. My name is Miras **Edited for Community Guidelines**.
I have exactly the same problem, my name on the Paypal account and on the Upwork account are the same, but for some reason it gives an error '' Payment method verification in progress

Please visit our FAQ page for additional information. ''

Can you help me?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Miras,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members