🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
kamlesh65
Community Member

My upwork email id and pay pal email is same but it saying name mismatch. I have only frist name in upwork account i.e ( Frist Name = Kamlesh Last Name = Kamlesh). In my paypal account I have only frist name Kamlesh I don't have last name. Everything is same but in paypal last name is blank. please help me with same my email id is **Edited for Community Guidelines** Id is : https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01fed633749ea26863 please help me with this how I can resolve this issue.

Hi Kamlesh,

I checked and you shouldn't be seeing the notification anymore as our team already review your account for the name mismatch. However, you need to allow 3 days for the withdrawal method to become active.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
moomen20
Community Member

My direct to Paypal payment method has been deactivated because my Upwork account name does not match the name on the Paypal account, But my name is identical on both accounts. You can check the attached photos.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Moomen,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
moomen20
Community Member

Ok, Thank you so much
minelena
Community Member

Hello!
I'm new here.

I have the same name on my Paypal and on Upwork.

Why does it say: Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Perhaps my name on Paypal written in Russian. Can I leave it like that?
Can you check, please?

Thank you!

Hi Elena,

I checked and it looks like our team already reviewed your account for the name mismatch so you shouldn't be seeing the notification anymore. Please note that in order to activate your payment method and access your earnings, you need to complete the W-8BEN form, which purpose is to confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. Also remember that for your security, you need to allow 3 days for the withdrawal method to become active.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
anhtvc-tran
Community Member

Hi.

I just added my paypal account. But it is deactivied due "The beneficiary name is mismatched.". I was using my paypal account before. I am not sure why it says that.

How can I fix the issue?

Thank you.

Hi Viet Anh,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. If you have any further questions please feel free to update your ticket with our team as they are the ones who can best assist you.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
john-nikitakis
Community Member

Hi there community,

In my Upwork settings-> Get Paid section it shows me this message:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

I do not know how to solve it, I saw some comments here on the community to contact a support agent for a manual name review but I do not know how to do that either. 
Please anyone out here help me, I do not know how to fix it,
Thanks for your time

Hi John,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the review to be completed. If our team needs any additional information from you they will reach out directly.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear Andrea,

I have been waiting more than 48 hours but it still remains the same message showing. Can you please help me solve this?

Thanks for your time,

John

Hi John,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mahto_ravikant
Community Member

My payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on my payment method does not match the name on my Upwork account.I actually do not use my sir name. All my certificates has my First name only i.e. Ravikant. Evenon my Bank account only my first name is there. I had to fill Surname in my upwork account that is why this issue is coming.What to do to solve this issue?

Hi Ravikant,

In cases like this, it's best to allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
4fe4ac1a
Community Member

hi my name and my bank acount are typical but still gives me missmatch in the beneficiary name please help

Hi Kassem,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I have the same issue, my name typically the same on my payment method and I waited for more than three days but nothing happened, any help please?

Thanks

Hi Asmaa,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further with the name mismatch.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am also having this issue. I don't know what to do about it. My name and every match, I don't understand.

Hi my name is typically same too but I'm keep getting "Your payment method is deactivated because of beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name". My identity is verified so I don't know what the exact issue is. Please help.

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
globaloutreach
Community Member

Hi, I have just started set up my Upwork account with my bank details and im getting the following message:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

I am based in the UK, my upwork name is my first name and middle name, my bank account, the card I linked to my upwork profile has my First name Inital of Middle Name and my last name in full, 

Do you think this is the reason why I am getting the above message?

Thanks

Hi Jonathan,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the review to be completed. If our team needs any additional information from you they will reach out directly.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you Anderia,

will I still be able to begin my job which starts on the 5th of March whist my account is being verified?

Kind Regards 

gabrielads
Community Member

My payment says it was suspended because my legal name didn't match my profile name. Does this just take a few days for them to verify my name? How do I contact them to prove that it's me?

Hi Gabriela,

That's right! Please allow up to 48 hours for the review to be completed. If our team needs any additional information to verify your identity they will reach out to you directly.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I have the same problem. My beneficiary account name doesn't match with my Upwork name.

Hi Javaria,

I checked and it looks like you already created a support ticket for your name mismatch. I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

It would be appreciated.
4fe4ac1a
Community Member

Hi Kassem,

If you have any questions, please post them directly on this support ticket and our team will assist you further with your name mismatch.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
stuf-illustrator
Community Member

Hi everybody.

Same problem here >_<
The thing is : I double checked and nothing changed with my account. My beneficiary name and account name have always been exactly the same ??
Little help ? ^^'
Thanks !

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Stephane,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the review to be completed. If our team needs any additional information from you they will reach out directly via support ticket.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey there.
Thanks for your input.

Unfortunately, since last week, I never received any support ticket, or anything else ^^'

Hi Stephane,

I am sorry for the late response. I checked with the team handling your case and your issue should now be resolved. Could you please let us know if you need our further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi again Nikola.

And yesss. It does indeed ! ^^v
Everything is back to normal, pb solved !
Thank you very much and have a nice weekend !
Best regards.
S.

camilo-ovalle
Community Member

Hello, Since 2 weeks ago I've been trying to link my PayPal to my upwork account, but the Payment method verification always fail because they said that the beneficiary name does not match with the name on my upwork account, comooooooon, who makes this procces ? Is absolutely clear that there is the same name on my paypal and on upwork, Im the same person, in upwork: **Edited for Community Guidelines** in PayPal: **Edited for Community Guidelines**, the thing is that on PayPal I have my full name, on upwork I have my second and last name, please help me with that, I do not have any other payment method.

Hi Camilo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the review to be completed. If our team needs any additional information from you they will reach out directly via support ticket.

~ Nikola
Upwork
yousif_dahabra
Community Member

I use My friend's PayPal account. Upwork does not accept it because we have a different name.

I can't open a bank account in Lebanon for economic reasons related to the country.

what can I do to get my money from Upwork?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members