🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bug? Error on accessing messages using Deskto...
Page options
9002991b
Community Member

Bug? Error on accessing messages using Desktop App

Hello,

I keep getting this "error" window whenever I open my messages using the desktop app. Is there a bug? I was not able to take a screenshot, unfortunately. I was wondering if it has affected my chances of getting interviews

Also, is there a glitch on the website itself? Everytime I refresh my page for the "most recent" jobs, I keep getting the same jobs for quite some time. It's only when I search certain keywords that I see the jobs. 

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dale, 

Have you tried clicking on this button again to see if the issue persists? 

As for your job feed, it looks like you don't have a saved search filter yet. I highly recommend that you save a search filter since the jobs showing on "My Feed" are based on the filters of your Saved Search. If there is none saved, it will be based on your categories. When you search for jobs and save them, our system will remember the criteria you've chosen and will try to suggest the nearest jobs you've saved and searched.

I highly suggest that you start manually searching and saving jobs from time to time.  However, we would like to set your expectation that the effect will not be immediate as it also takes time to fetch the results.

~ Avery
Upwork
9002991b
Community Member

Hi Avery,

The error window kept popping up every time I click that button. It doesn't say where the error is coming from. I had to restart my laptop and tried the desktop app again but to no avail. After opening & closing the app a couple of times, I was able to close the errow window but I'm not sure if it fixed things.

I usually apply those in either most recent or best matches, but thanks for the tip! I shall update my search filter.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dale, 

Thanks for following up. Let me know. if the issue persists so that I can ask the help of the team to investigate it further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
9002991b
Community Member

Hi Avery,

May I ask if you can try sending me a message? Just so I can assure that my app is working and is able to receive messages?

Hi Dale,

Thank you for your message. We are unable to message you to test this but feel free to message us here if the problem persists.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members