🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Buyer Stop Responding
Page options
7dd75f4c
Community Member

Buyer Stop Responding

Hi Upwork Representative,

I hope you all are doing well. I am just looking for small help. Actually last month I did a project for my client, all done with the success they released the payment but never ended the contract.

I text them on Upwork and ask that if they need any support or fixes from my work then I am open to doing that work and willing to satisfy them but no one responding.

As you know that for new seller positive honest reviews are very important thing to grow and when the client dont end the contract and don't respond then what I have to do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Bilal I wrote:

when the client dont end the contract and don't respond then what I have to do?

Nothing.

Follow up once, twice at the very most, then close the contract after a few weeks or months yourself or leave it open.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Bilal I wrote:

when the client dont end the contract and don't respond then what I have to do?

Nothing.

Follow up once, twice at the very most, then close the contract after a few weeks or months yourself or leave it open.

7dd75f4c
Community Member

Thanks, is this allowed by Upwork to follow up clients outside of upwork.

Bilal I wrote:

Thanks, is this allowed by Upwork to follow up clients outside of upwork.

You mean harrassing them at their workplace or home? I leave it to your best judgement to come up with the answer yourself. 

No mam, actually they gave me contact details but I'm just looking to follow up on skype, as they shared with me as a point of contact, nothing else.

re: "is this allowed by Upwork to follow up clients outside of Upwork."

Upwork has a specific rule about this.

Freelancers are NOT allowed to contact clients outside of Upwork unless the client has provided contact information to the freelancer for the purpose of being contacted outside of Upwork.

For example, if a client provides you with her email address and says you may use that to contact her, then it is allowable to do so. But if you are working with a client and know her name and you look up information about her using a Google search or something, and figure out her email address or phone number... then you are NOT allowed to use that information to contact her.

Also:
Remember that clients are not required to respond to messages from freelancers.

As a freelancer, I get paid whether or not clients respond to my messages.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members