🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can i submit proposal in different language o...
Page options
amildirin
Community Member

Can i submit proposal in different language other than english

Can I submit a proposal in a different language other than English?

Eg: if the customer is based in Tamilnadu, can I send a proposal in Tamil which is the native language for the buyer and me?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
e73adc3b
Community Member

hello Amildirin,

Upwork is an international platform and the primary language used for communication is English. Therefore, it is recommended to submit proposals in English. This ensures that clients from different countries and language backgrounds can easily understand your proposal and communicate with you effectively.

However, if you and the client share a common language other than English and both parties are comfortable communicating in that language, you may consider submitting your proposal in that language. In this case, it is recommended to mention in your proposal that you are fluent in the language and provide a translation of your proposal in English as well for the client's reference.

It is important to keep in mind that if you submit a proposal in a language other than English, it may limit your opportunities to find clients who do not speak that language. So, it is recommended to communicate in English whenever possible to maximize your chances of winning more clients.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
e73adc3b
Community Member

hello Amildirin,

Upwork is an international platform and the primary language used for communication is English. Therefore, it is recommended to submit proposals in English. This ensures that clients from different countries and language backgrounds can easily understand your proposal and communicate with you effectively.

However, if you and the client share a common language other than English and both parties are comfortable communicating in that language, you may consider submitting your proposal in that language. In this case, it is recommended to mention in your proposal that you are fluent in the language and provide a translation of your proposal in English as well for the client's reference.

It is important to keep in mind that if you submit a proposal in a language other than English, it may limit your opportunities to find clients who do not speak that language. So, it is recommended to communicate in English whenever possible to maximize your chances of winning more clients.

thanks for the answer Sanaullah

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members