cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot change country

malhoudini
Mikko M Member Since: Sep 7, 2018
1031 of 3,974

Unfortunately I have the same problem. I accidentally chose a wrong country my misclicking and now I can't complete my profile. I'd need the country to be changed to Finland.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1032 of 3,974

Hi Mikko,

Feel free to complete your profile now as I`ve updated your country. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
adm-it
Denis P Member Since: Aug 25, 2018
1033 of 3,974

I have choosen US as I was looking for US companies, but on Create Profile page I am asked for my addres and phone confirmation which confused me and not allowing me to change my country. Please help me. I am from UK. Thanks.

louisaj
Community Guru
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
1034 of 3,974

Hi Denis,

I'm sure if you raise a ticket with Upwork, they will help you straighten things out.

I'm based in the UK, and most of my clients are in the States, so don't worry about being based in the UK. That's the whole point of freelancing, the world is your clientbase. But you need to be honest and say you are based in the UK. Hopefully, Upwork will help you out with this. As it stands, your profile looks bad as you say you are based in the UK and willing to move to the States but your location says States. 

Best wishes,

Louisa

adm-it
1035 of 3,974

> > Louisa J.: I'm sure if you raise a ticket with Upwork, they will help you straighten things out.

Do you know how to do that? Can't find anything. Thanks. :-)

afifield
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
1036 of 3,974

You need to give your accurate information and place you live/work and you can't just say I am going to move there and put US in instead of the UK. You can still bid on US jobs or any others, but for non-US freelancers like ourselves there are some jobs we can't see from the US unfortunately. 

adm-it
1037 of 3,974

Thanks Amanda, Thanks Luisa,

I picked up a random US addres with hope I can change it on my profile page. That's why my addres is US.

But I got stuck :-)

Regards.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1038 of 3,974

Ultimately you lied. Let's not put too fine a point on it.

But rest assured, you're not the only one who lies about their location and then finds themselves caught in the lie.

adm-it
1039 of 3,974

Hi Petra,

>> Ultimately you lied. Let's not put too fine a point on it.

That's your point. Not mine.

My point is to be able to change my country. Could you or somebody else please help me with that.

Thanks.

louisaj
Community Guru
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
1040 of 3,974

Submit a ticket here: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS