cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Change Country

Agne V Member Since: May 2, 2019
981 of 1,654
Hi Smiley Happy
I am living in Porto, Portugal. I was in Porto while creating my account, my computers clock was set up wrongly tho. I think this might have caused the problem. Thank you for your help!

Best,
Agne
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
982 of 1,654

re: "I am living in Porto, Portugal. I was in Porto while creating my account, my computers clock was set up wrongly tho. I think this might have caused the problem. Thank you for your help!"

Honestly, Agne:

I just don't think Upwork's back-end "automatic identify what country a person is in" algorithm or software works very well. I think most people who face this problem do so through no fault of their own, and Upwork knows this automated identifier doesn't work very well.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
983 of 1,654

Hi Agne,

We have updated it from our end to Portugal.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your location needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Kristina M Member Since: May 2, 2019
984 of 1,654

Hi lovely people. I seem to be facing the same issue as a lot of the users here - my location is set to United Kingdom by default and I need to change it to Bulgaria. Please help :-)

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
985 of 1,654

Could you please answer these questions:

1) What country were you in when you created your Upwork account?

2) What country do you live in now?

Kristina M Member Since: May 2, 2019
986 of 1,654

Hey Preston. Thanks for the immediate response. I was in Bulgaria when I tried to activate my account and I am still in Bulgaria.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
987 of 1,654

Hi Kristina,

Your country has been updated to Bulgaria. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Andrea T Member Since: May 2, 2019
988 of 1,654

My country is set to Albania, when I need to change it to US.

Ace Contributor
Malik S Member Since: Jul 12, 2018
989 of 1,654

Hi Andrea,

Please, go to your Settings> Contact Info> Location to change your country. Smiley Happy

Good Luck

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
990 of 1,654

Hi Andrea, 

I have now set your country to US as requested. You should be able to update your address when you go to your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info). 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS