Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Highlighted
Heena T Member Since: Dec 30, 2018
1211 of 3,894
Hello upwork support team,

I am coming back to upwork after some while, not sure if I selected my location with any country but when I felt ok this is the time for me to have new projects and join back upwork, I signed back and was finishing all the formality but my current location is India and upwork is taking it US and I am living now over India only, and unfortunately I couldn't able to change it as I haven't registered my account 100% earlier, please help me with this.

- Heena
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1212 of 3,894

Hi Heena,

We have updated your country from our end to India. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Heena T Member Since: Dec 30, 2018
1213 of 3,894

Thank you Bojan and support team for the quick response.

Hope you will have a fabulous upcoming year.

Highlighted
Gideon K Member Since: Dec 31, 2018
1214 of 3,894

Dear Upwork. 

I'm a US citizen with a US address, but I'm currently abroad. My mobile phone number is an Israeli cell phone.  The challenge is that when I enter my US address,I'm only promted with the ability to list a US phone number. While my US phone number does forward voice calls, it can't accept text messages. 

Can I provide you with the Israeli cell # to send me the initial text message?

-or- Can I provide Uptime with the US phone number to have a person call me to verify?

Thank you,

Gideon

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1215 of 3,894

@Gideon K wrote:

I'm a US citizen with a US address, but I'm currently abroad. My mobile phone number is an Israeli cell phone.  The challenge is that when I enter my US address,I'm only promted with the ability to list a US phone number. While my US phone number does forward voice calls, it can't accept text messages.

If you currently live in Israel, you need to put Israel as your location.

Highlighted
1216 of 3,894

Hi Gideon,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Jen M Member Since: Jan 1, 2019
1217 of 3,894

Hi! Im picked wrong country by acident and so cant validate my phone number. Could you please change it to Russia? I cant do it myself since country field is greyed out...

Highlighted
1218 of 3,894

Hi Jen,

Your country was changed to Russia, feel free to add the rest of the information to your account. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Jen M Member Since: Jan 1, 2019
1219 of 3,894

Thank you, Bojan S! Happy New Year, Upwork team!

Highlighted
Stoyanovsky K Member Since: Jan 3, 2019
1220 of 3,894

How can i change a country during registration? I am from Ukraine but Upwork (IDK WHY) does not allow me to change USA to Ukraine. So that i cant verify my account.Снимок экрана 2019-01-03 в 15.52.05.png

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS