Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1521 of 3,902

Hi Bhavesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your country has been updated to India. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Leo O Member Since: Apr 9, 2019
1522 of 3,902

Hello Upwork community.

I am in the process of creating my Upwork account. I am from the United States but am living in Germany at the moment. When creating my account, I set my location to the USA but I am now in the page where I need to recieve a verification code sent to a US phone number (as I am currently living in Germany, I do not have a US phone number) There seems to be no simple way for me to change my country to Germany as the location is already locked to the USA, and I can't seem to go back and change the country as well. Is there anything I can do?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1523 of 3,902

Hi Leo, 

I have updated your country to Germany. You should now be able to update your address in your Settings page. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Steven S Member Since: Apr 11, 2019
1524 of 3,902

I have wanted to change my country since November 8, 2016.  I am an American. Smiley Sad

Spoiler

Highlighted
Elizabete D Member Since: Apr 12, 2019
1525 of 3,902

Hi. I'm creating my profile and for some reason my country is set to Indonesia and can't be changed. I need to change it to Sweden. 

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1526 of 3,902

Hi Elizabete,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Oksana S Member Since: Apr 12, 2019
1527 of 3,902

Why can't I change country?  I am currently in Russia and it wont let me do anything. It choose US and I have no idea how to fix it.Thank you

Highlighted
Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
1528 of 3,902

Hi Oksana, 

Your country has been changed from US to Russia. Please feel free to update your address. Let me know if you need anything else. 

~ Riri
Highlighted
Robert W Member Since: Apr 12, 2019
1529 of 3,902

Trying to create my portfolio, but my country is set at Denmark. I live in Belize. What should I do?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
1530 of 3,902

Hi Robert,

Your country has been changed. Please update your address. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

~ Riri
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS