🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't get access to my upwork account
Page options
b6da1572
Community Member

Can't get access to my upwork account

I had to create this new account because otherwise you guys are unreachable.

I wanted to log in today with my account, I always signed in with Google. Today, each time I tried it failed, and displayed the message "That Google account is not recognized on Upwork".

I checked out a thread here about it, and the solution didn't work.

So I tried to contact you, but I couldn't because I have to be logged in. So I tried signing up again. So I pressed the button "Sign In with Google", and this time the message was "That email is already in use on Upwork". (pic below)

So, apparently you can detect it, but it can't be used to get access somehow.

So I created this account to communicate with you, but I used the different email I used to sign in with Google.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mazlum,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54

Hi Victoriia,

Thank you for your message. I see that your account linked to the shared email address is already closed. You will be unable to use the same email address on the new account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e4e6e90a
Community Member

i am having the same issue. it says it wont recognize my email. I tried to create a new accout and it says my number is already being used. 

Hi Maja,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
484108fe
Community Member

I am having the same issue.  I have been doing this for days.  I have submitted two support tickets and when I check them they immedietly say it has been "solved" without anyone contacting me.  When I try an use the support chat and finally get to the point to talk to someone the chat instantly disconnects and asks me how the level of service was.  "Terrible Gerald, the service does not exist!!!"

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread. Otherwise, please refrain from sending follow-ups on the same ticket thread to make sure the team assists you more efficiently.

~ AJ
Upwork

I did not get a chance to speak with anyone reguarding this ticken.  nobody reached out to me and the ticket was closed without my say or having a chance to dispute.  I still do not have access to my real account.  I have been waiting for a response for over well over a month.  this is absolutely absurdly ridiculous.

Hi Alex,

I checked and it looks like the last update on the ticket is from our team, please check here. Since the team was waiting for your confirmation in order to assist you further please reply directly to the ticket or the email notification sent about it. By replying to the email the ticket will be reopened.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
e31c35ff
Community Member

Hi I'm also having the same issue. I created this account to post here and figure out if there's a way to get access to my old account with my previous email.

Hi Kevin,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4c3467ce
Community Member

Hi there, I am having the same issue with my email. I lost access to my gmail account, and my account only allows google sign in. I sent a support form over a week ago, but haven't heard anything since nor do I have any information on the ticket.

5f19e4c4
Community Member

I have the same problem. 

Raynard

I cannot login to my account. It says that the username is incorrect but when I try to signup with my regular email it says that the user already exists.

In order to contact support, I've had to create a new acount but I want my old one back!

Thank you.

Raynard

Hi Raynard,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We certainly understand your concern and I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties logging in to your account. However, please note that you can still reach out to our support team via chatbot without having to log in. 

Allow me to assist. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the email address associated with your old account? We'll have that reviewed and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your message. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
5f19e4c4
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you for your message, and I hope you get this reply.

FYI, the email address associated with my old account is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Kind regards,

Raynard von Hahn

Feb 23, 2023 01:49:09 PM by Arjay M

Hi Raynard,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We certainly understand your concern and I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties logging in to your account. However, please note that you can still reach out to our support team via chatbot without having to log in. 

Allow me to assist. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the email address associated with your old account? We'll have that reviewed and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your message. 

~ Arjay

Hi Raynard,

It looks like you shared your message publicly. You can click on my name above or Arjay's name, to send either of us a private message with more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members