🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client asking for refund
Page options
rabiasarwar28
Community Member

Client asking for refund

Hey, I have been working on upwork with a client since june 2021. He added 8 millestones, 7 were completed and the client accepted them after reviewing. When it came to 8th one client said that he has not checked the work and not liked it now i am supposed to refund his money. Please tell me what is the solution. The client is lying. He already checked the work thats why he aacepted 7 millestones. Please tell me what can i do 

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

If the client is just asking for a refund, you can politely and professionally decline, stating that the client had time and opportunity to inspect the work.

If the client goes ahead and files for a dispute, come back for more advice

tlbp
Community Member

Rabia S wrote:

Hey, I have been working on upwork with a client since june 2021. He added 8 millestones, 7 were completed and the client accepted them after reviewing. When it came to 8th one client said that he has not checked the work and not liked it now i am supposed to refund his money. Please tell me what is the solution. The client is lying. He already checked the work thats why he aacepted 7 millestones. Please tell me what can i do 

Be aware that unless the matter eventually goes to arbitration, whether or not the client is lying is irrelevant. You will say he checked it, he will say he didn't.  

As Petra indicated, if the client is just messaging you requesting a refund, say "No." If the client files a dispute, then an Upwork mediator should contact you. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members