🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client not answering / not paying once the fi...
Page options
0e7bdf1b
Community Member

Client not answering / not paying once the file was delivered

Hi Team,

Unfortunately I got one of those clients which once the submission was made, no answers, no payments approved..

It is a fixed price, divided in 2 milestones (50-50).

1. How do I make sure to get paid for both milestones?
2. How do I make sure to leave a feedback for that client?

Could an upwork moderator help me please?
Will provide any requested info in PM.

Kind regards,

Andrei

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Andrei H wrote:

Hi Team,

Unfortunately I got one of those clients which once the submission was made, no answers, no payments approved..

Kind regards,

Andrei

If it was divided into two milestones, you shouldn't have continued working on the second milestone until payment was released for the first one. So, remember that in future. If you submit your work (using the "Submit" button), you'll automatically get paid after 14 days if the client doesn't respond. But if the second milestone wasn't funded and the client has disappeared, you won't get paid for that. You can close the project yourself and leave feedback.

How many days has it been since you heard from the client? Britain and the U.S. are just coming out of a long weekend.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Andrei H wrote:

Hi Team,

Kind regards,

Andrei

If it was divided into two milestones, you shouldn't have continued working on the second milestone until payment was released for the first one. So, remember that in future. If you submit your work (using the "Submit" button), you'll automatically get paid after 14 days if the client doesn't respond. But if the second milestone wasn't funded and the client has disappeared, you won't get paid for that. You can close the project yourself and leave feedback.

How many days has it been since you heard from the client? Britain and the U.S. are just coming out of a long weekend.

I understand the idea, the small problem is that it needed one file which somehow integrates both milestones, so by completing one, you complete as well the second one..

I submitted the work on 15 of May. I assume on 29th of May I will get the first funded milestone payment. It is more about the honour for me than money, just want to make sure that future freelancers know who's who.

Thank you Christine for your answer!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members