🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects
Page options
a77045c6
Community Member

Connects

Hi everyone, 

I'm curious if anyone could let me know why some tasks required only 1 connect, but many tasks required 6 connects.

Thank you,

Apinia

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

As a freelancer or agency, you'll use Connects to Submit Proposals and let clients know you're interested in their project. You receive ten free Connects every month at the beginning of your billing cycle and bonuses for some interviews you win. We will send you a notification in Upwork (notification bell) and an email when you earn free Connects. For more information on how this works, check out our guide here.

To purchase Connects, go to Settings > Membership & Connects and click on the green 'Add More Connects' button. From there, select the amount to buy and click on the 'Buy Connects' button. Please note, that if you have sufficient funds on your Upwork balance, the charge will be applied to your Upwork balance. You can check out this help article to learn about the available Billing Methods.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

878 REPLIES 878
archiwave
Community Member

Hello everyone, my client account was suspended. What should my client do? 

My bid connect too was not refunded. what do i do to get my connect refunded?

Anyone with similar experience?

Kindly share your thoughts.

Thanks. 

Hi Oladeji,

I took a closer look at your profile and can't find any active contracts yet. However, upon checking your archived proposals page, I see you have withdrawn one proposal. Also, you've been outbid to boost your proposal, and the Connects used were refunded. You may validate this by visiting your Connects History page.

Please be aware that we only return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Withdrawn proposals are not included. You can find more information here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
archiwave
Community Member

Thank you ArjayM for your prompt response 

Please i would like to find out why it has been hard so secure my first job even after boosting each job by bidding high. Please i would really appreciate your enlightment. 

Regards. 

fcc10858
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I bought a connect with you to apply but it keeps on recurring every month? How do I know my charges and why does it keep on reccurring every month?

Hi Cecil,

I checked your account and saw that you were not subscribed to a membership plan. You can check your subscription here and you can view your Connects History here

We like to help freelancers succeed on Upwork and one way is by occasionally rewarding free Connects. While we can’t share all the details of when Connects are given out (we don’t want dishonest people to “game” the system), here’s what we can share:

• You’ll receive 50 free Connects within 48 hours when you create an Upwork profile for the first time
  • You’ll receive 30 free Connects if you earn a Rising Talent badge
  • You’ll receive free Connects (the number can vary) when you win an interview with an established client on Upwork. (To prevent gaming, we aren’t sharing all the details of what we consider “established.” In general, it’s a client who has hired and spent on Upwork in the past.)
  • You’ll get a one-time Connects bonus if you complete an Upwork Skill Certification

To learn more about Connects, please check this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
85035ea4
Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to buy Connects, however on the page it says "Once your profile has been approved you can buy Connects on this page."

I created my profile a few days ago and filled out the profile page in detail. However I don't see a "Submit Profile" button or anything else. How can I see if the profile is in review or if I have to submit anything? 

Thank you

Hi Fabio,

I checked your account and I see that you freelancer account is assigned as an Exclusive agency member. As an exclusive member of the agency, you can only use your agency membership plan. Exclusive agency members can only work on contracts under their agency and you will be unable to purchase or buy Connects on your freelancer profile. For more information please check out this help article.

- Pradeep

Upwork
sauryaraj
Community Member

Is there is facility of lending connects to other freelancer in upwork?

Hi Raj,

Thank you for your message. Connects are non-transferable, and there is no option or feature to transfer them.

- Pradeep

Upwork
0240cc78
Community Member

I have a question about connects. I submitted proposals that went unanswered/viewed for several weeks. Will i get back connects I used for such proposals? Should I withdraw the proposal?

Hi Hamza,

Please know that we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Connects will not be returned or refunded for unanswered and withdrawn proposals. You can find more information here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3351c5c9
Community Member

I had bought 300 credits but suddenly only 13 are remaining. I am 100% certain I did not used all of them

Hi Samarth,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
4ead9311
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I am new here. Could anyone tell me how to buy connect, please? I need to buy connect, so that I can apply for job.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Yunjin,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing Connects. You can purchase Connects by going to the Settings page, selecting the Memberships & Connect option and clicking Add More Connects

Once you’ve selected the bundle you wish to purchase, choose Add Connects, and we will automatically charge your account. You can refer to this help page to learn more about Connects.

- Pradeep

Upwork
784a6076
Community Member

Hey, i have seen that 50-60 percent of the jobs that i have applied on dosent hire anyone, in this case, will i get refund of the connects if the job expire after 28 days and the client dont hire anyone?

Hi Gurekam,

Thank you for your message. I understand it can be discouraging when your proposals do not lead to any interactions. Connects are returned only when a client closes a job without hiring or it is removed by Upwork for TOS violation. There is no refund of Connects for expired jobs. You can learn more about Connects here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
2c624395
Community Member

Hi everyone , Please I am new here and would need some help here.

Firstly, How do I get the rising talent badge? And Secondly, How can I get free connects?

Hi Omovorowe,

The Rising Talent badge is available by invitation only. This means that even if you meet the qualifications for earning one, it will not be automatically added to your profile. Some factors are considered based on the criteria, your profile, and other factors, including your work category. The badge will be added to your profile if you're selected and no action is required from you.

While we can’t share all the details of when Connects are given out (we don’t want dishonest people to “game” the system), here’s what we can share on how you can earn free Connects:

• You’ll receive 50 free Connects within 48 hours when you create an Upwork profile for the first time
  • You’ll receive 30 free Connects if you earn a Rising Talent badge
  • You’ll receive free Connects (the number can vary) when you win an interview with an established client on Upwork. (To prevent gaming, we aren’t sharing all the details of what we consider “established.” In general, it’s a client who has hired and spent on Upwork in the past.)
  • You’ll get a one-time Connects bonus if you complete an Upwork Skill Certification

You can learn more about Connects in this page

~ Joanne
Upwork
a3c6f5f8
Community Member

Hi there,

I am brand new to Upwork and applied for a two gigs using my connects. However, I realized afterward that one of the gigs wasn't the one I meant to apply to and promptly withdrew my proposal. Despite withdrawing the proposal, I noticed that my connects weren't refunded.

Could you please assist me with this matter? I would greatly appreciate it if my connects could be refunded. Is there a support email will I can get help on this issue?

That is correct the connects will not be refunded.

Well that is misfortunate. So as a brand new member that accidentally submitted and withdrew within minutes of realizing the mistake, you don’t make exceptions? I could see going forward but it was an obvious mistake and now in addition not having my credits, I won’t even be considered for the role I accidentally applied to (because I withdrew). That doesn’t seem fair.
f585248a
Community Member

Hi! I am new in Upwork. I see I have only 6 available connects. I want to increase number of connects so that I can apply for at least 10 projects every month. Unfortunately I do not have enough money to buy connects. So what are/is the ways/way to increase connects? If I provide and pass tests will this increase my number of connects?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Hi A K M Shahadat,

Thank you for reaching out and raising this query here in the Community. Aside from buying and your monthly free Connects, we occasionally reward free Connects by earning a Rising Talent badge or a one-time Connects bonus if you complete an Upwork Skill Certification.

You may visit this help article to understand better how Connects works. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
97f5966e
Community Member

I have applied to 6 jobs - 3 of them has been a week and no one gets back to me - is that mean I have lost my connects? and any good advice since I'm new here.

Hi Mayar,

I am sorry to hear about the outcome of your job proposals. It's common for clients to take some time to review proposals and make decisions, so patience is key. 

I would like to clarify that the Connects are refunded only when the client closes the job without hiring or the job is removed by Upwork for a TOS violation. This is not applicable to expired job postings. You can refer to this help page to learn about Connects.

I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

- Pradeep
Upwork
thirosh0520
Community Member

Hello,

A few days ago, I submitted several proposals and my connects ended.😣 After a week, the client did not accept my proposals, so I withdrew my proposals.😟 How many days will it take to receive my connects back?😥

Hello Thirosh,

I'm afraid that Connects are not returned when you withdraw a proposal. Connects may only be returned under the following circumstances:

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If we remove a project's post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service.

You can check this article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello Luiggi,

Thank you for your solution, but I have another question. If sometimes clients do not close job posts after they have been hired, what happens to my connects? Do they automatically get added to my account after one month?

Hi Thirosh,

Your Connects are not returned if the client chooses another freelancer, lets the job expire without hiring, or if you withdraw your proposal from a project. We encourage you to review the article Luiggi shared above to validate and for more information. Think carefully about a project before reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Luiggi. What should I do if a client ask me for sexual services? I enrolled for a job and in the description it didn't say that it was related to Only Fans, they only said it was for a chat center. So now that I know what they really want, I want my connects back... Aren't they violating the Terms of Service? I think you should remove the project's post.

Hi Julieta,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and I'm sorry to learn about your experience. I've forwarded your report to the relevant team so that they can review this job post and take action based on our internal processes. Remember that you can always report these TOS violations using the available flagging options.

Once it's confirmed that the job is violating the TOS, it should be removed from the platform, and you'll receive your Connects back.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Can I get my connects back when a client declines my proposal?

Hi Kaleem,

Thank you for your query. Connects are not returned in case a client declines your proposal. You can refer to Luiggi's message to check when Connects are returned to you.

- Pradeep

Upwork
2ad4f2c7
Community Member

I'm new here and struggling for connects.. can someone help me with that? I'd be grateful , Upwork Community.🤍

As a newcomer to Upwork, you need to add a payment method to your account and purchase connects on your own. After securing a project, you can then buy additional connects using the earnings available in your Upwork account.

a708ab36
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to Upwork and I just received a connect refund right after the end of my interview. What does refunded connect means? Does it says that I won the interview? Or does it sounds like they refunded the connects because I failed the interview or the proposal was cancelled? Please enlighten me. Thanks!

Hi Rinelle,

The Connects are returned when the job is removed by the client without hiring any freelancer or it is closed by Upwork for TOS violation. This is not applicable to expired job posts. You may also receive free Connects when you win an interview with an established client on Upwork. You can refer to this help page to learn more about Connect.

- Pradeep

Upwork

It is bonus. You will receive that time from time after interview started.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members