🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Create an admin account for an agency
Page options
2c5eefcf
Community Member

Create an admin account for an agency

Hi UpWork Community,

Two colleagues and I want to create an agency in UpWork. We all have freelancer accounts already, but we are considering creating another UpWork account with an admin email like admin@agencyname.com, so the agency is not owned by an individual freelancer, but by all of us.

Regarding this topic, we have some questions:

1. Is that possible in UpWork?

2. Would it be recommended? 

3. Would our agency get badges?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Raul,

No, I'm afraid this is not possible. Having multiple accounts is a violation of the Terms of Service; if you are going to create an Agency, it must be under the account that you already have as a freelancer. In addition, an agency can only have one owner, and sharing your account with another person is not allowed. 

You can decide which of you will be the agency owner; the rest can have full Admin permissions on the Agency. You can learn more about how permissions work in this article

Additionally, to answer your last question, the Agency can earn badges just like freelancers do. You can learn more about those here

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Raul,

No, I'm afraid this is not possible. Having multiple accounts is a violation of the Terms of Service; if you are going to create an Agency, it must be under the account that you already have as a freelancer. In addition, an agency can only have one owner, and sharing your account with another person is not allowed. 

You can decide which of you will be the agency owner; the rest can have full Admin permissions on the Agency. You can learn more about how permissions work in this article

Additionally, to answer your last question, the Agency can earn badges just like freelancers do. You can learn more about those here

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2c5eefcf
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Thank you so much for your quick response. Very clarifying, we didn't know about the Admin permissions on the Agency, that's the solution to our problem. We will designate one of us as agency owner and the rest of the team will have Admin permissions.

Regards,

Raúl.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members