🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Data Management Agreement
Page options
freelancernl
Community Member

Data Management Agreement

Hi, a client asked me to sign a GDPR data processing agreement. For my own clients that's not a problem because I have it covered in my own company's terms and conditions. Jobs I take on through Upwork fall under Upwork's terms and conditions, which protects Upwork and not me, the freelancer, from liability. So I informed the client that they should ask Upwork to sign the agreement, but Upwork referred the client back to me.

I know Upwork as a US company isn't too worried about GDPR but how does it handle agreements between two parties that are under EU/UK law?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jeff,

I encourage you to check out this announcement for more information on this topic.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork provides a service that clients use to find, hire and pay freelancers.

Upwork is not party to contracts that freelances and clients enter into.

Upwork is not going to sign a GDPR data processing agreement.

If you believe that Upwork itself needs to sign a GDPR data processing agreement, then your understanding of what Upwork does may need to be increased, until you come to an understanding.

It's not as simple as you are making it out to be. Maybe someone with actual knowledge of GDPR can reply.

Hi Jeff,

I encourage you to check out this announcement for more information on this topic.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you Valeria. That's very helpful.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members