🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Desktop app only registering half of the curr...
Page options
charline_cat
Community Member

Desktop app only registering half of the current sessions

Hi, I keep having an issue with the Desktop app. It doesn't track all my time. I have worked 59 minutes on a project today, but only 30 minutes get added to the weekly count. In the report section, it also only shows 30 minutes. This has been happening for a couple of weeks now, and I have lost on a lot of money obviously. Anyone knows how to help?

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Charline C wrote:. It doesn't track all my time. I have worked 560 minutes on a project today, but only 30 minutes get added to the weekly count. 

You haven't. Your tracker has been on 59 minutes. Of that, 3 screenshots had both keyboard and mouse activity and a screenshot.

Only segments with a screenshot and activity are counted. Screenshots only happen if you are active with the mouse and / or the keyboard.

Sorry, I meant to say 59 minutes, not 560 of course. But in any way, I have ACTIVELY (with mouse and keyboard) worked 59 minutes on a given job yesterday, but only 30 minutes were tracked. I have managed to figure out that this happens due to me removing the screenshot notifications when they appear on my desktop, which then deletes my 10-minute time slot.

Hi Charline,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to investigate this further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Charline C wrote:

I have managed to figure out that this happens due to me removing the screenshot notifications when they appear on my desktop, which then deletes my 10-minute time slot.

You're not deleting the notification, you're deleting the screenshots and yes, if you delete a screenshot, you delete the time. It actually tells you so when you delete it...

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Charline C wrote:
Hi, I keep having an issue with the Desktop app. It doesn't track all my time. I have worked 560 minutes on a project today, but only 30 minutes get added to the weekly count. In the report section, it also only shows 30 minutes. This has been happening for a couple of weeks now, and I have lost on a lot of money obviously. Anyone knows how to help?

You have contact information in your profile text, you need to take that out. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members