🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Did not receive Connects after interview
Page options
5341fc9e
Community Member

Did not receive Connects after interview

Hello Upwork team,

I have spent connects on job offers, only 3 customers have responded to me by message.
I still haven't had any refunds of connects and no connects have been rewarded. What should I do?

Thank you for your help,
Charvet

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Charvet,

Thank you for your message. Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

364 REPLIES 364
pavelpav
Community Member

Hi,

I was hired for a job on April 3rd. But I did not receive 10 free connects for winning the interview. The probable reason for this would be that She sent me the offer directly, without an interview. 
Can I still get the connects? Would anyone from Upwork help, please?
Contract ID 33220102

Thank you so much.

Hi A N M Ragib,

Thank you for your message. Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8a074783
Community Member

Hi,

I responded to an interview call from an Upwork client, but I didn't receive the connects. The client also hired me. It has happened to me twice now that I am not getting connects after responding to an interview.

Hi Kiran,

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks for your help  Annie

e27ba49f
Community Member

I have had two interviews on Upwork, but I haven't received any connects back to apply for more jobs after the interviews.

Question for Upwork community: Has anyone else experienced not receiving connects after having interviews on Upwork? If so, is there a specific reason for this or a way to resolve the issue?

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
81852f33
Community Member

Interview

I have had two interviews on Upwork, but I haven't received any connects back to apply for more jobs after the interviews.

Question for Upwork community: Has anyone else experienced not receiving connects after having interviews on Upwork? If so, is there a specific reason for this or a way to resolve the issue?

Hi Bustamante,

Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. For more information, please read this Product Update

~ Joanne
Upwork
ghaffar_basheer
Community Member

According to Upwork policy, freelancers did not get their connects back until Upwork closed the job on which freelancers have applied or the Client rejected the proposal.  Upwork Grant 10 connects every month.  

Regards,

Ghaffar bashir

77029a1e
Community Member

Hello, I am a member of the agency and have successfully applied for jobs and attended job interviews, but I am not gotten connects yet. Why?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zohaib,

Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

~Andrea
Upwork
0e61c6d1
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

Even if the job expires after 30 days of inactivity, I am not getting back my Connects. A lot of jobs are just scams and clients never even conduct any interviews. I wait patiently for the 30 days to get over so that I can get my Connects back. But nothing of that sort is happening. Jobs are removed by Upwork due to inactivity, but I am not getting back my Connects.

What is the use of applying for the jobs then? Nowadays, we have to spend 8 Connects in order to apply for a job. I am literally buying Connects in order to apply for these jobs and for the jobs that are inactive, I am not getting back my Connects. This is definitely not fair. Now, I am out of Connects and I am not able to apply for jobs. I am just tired of spending money to buy more Connects.

I request someone to please look into this matter and if I get back my Connects for the jobs that were closed due to inactivity, it would be a great help.

Thank you.

Hi Shashank,

Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1e693226
Community Member

My name is Harpreet Singh. Please let me know that I have bid on two projects in the last few days. Luckily I got a response from these two clients, but the problem is that Upwork hasn't credited my 20 connects to my Upwork account yet. Why? What could be the reason for this? It's been a long time since I received these projects. I thought they would come but they haven't come yet. Please tell me what to do.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Harpreet,

We appreciate your message. We have recently implemented an update that no longer allows for Free Connects to be awarded for each interview won, nor do we disclose the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. You may want to check this recently posted update about the Connects for Interview Won.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

It's not good update. It's very bad update. Upwork is taking out such updates on its own free will and is trying to eat our earnings day by day. It's not good.

32632f36
Community Member

I have bid on a job and the client directly send me an offer. As I accepted the offer, I should get back my connect within 24 hours but I did not get any connect. I have checked the connect history. Can anyone explain why I did not get any connect although I have got the job.  Besides I got another two replies from my bid but did not get back any connect.

Hi Md Rasel,

Thank you for your message. We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We made the changes above in response, to ensure fairness and preserve the value of Connects for those who honestly earn and buy them.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I am not talking about interviews rewarded connects. I have bid on the proposal and the client replied to me and after a discussion I have taken the job. In this case, should I get the rewarded connect as it was given to me a few days ago?
please let me know, I am facing this problem for few days, I did not get back my connect after wining the job by bid not interview 

bc94f1cf
Community Member

it was for sure earlier but for now whats the new rules?

Outdated. No more connects for interview.

Sometime after hired it can be assigned. Random, not always.

sbluetechnology
Community Member

Do we still get connects refund on winning a reply? Some days ago I heard that Upwork did not do any more refunds connected on winning a job but today I saw some refunds after getting the reply. I am unsure do we still get refunds or not. 

Same ☹️

a1d682ff
Community Member

hy why i don't get free connects 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sikandar, you receive ten free Connects every month at the beginning of your billing cycle and bonuses for some interviews you win. We will send you a notification in Upwork (notification bell) and an email when you earn free Connects. For more information on how this works, check out our guide here.

~Andrea
Upwork
ef56bd25
Community Member

Hello Miss,

It's been 2 months and still I haven't received my free connects. I can't wait to receive my free connects so I can apply to gigs. I love Upwork!

Thanks

Hi Aryan,

I checked your account and saw that you did receive your monthly Connects. Jobs that were canceled have been refunded as well. You might want to review your Connects History and go here once you log into your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
e4363c3d
Community Member

Hi Goran, I have got the same issues, recently im working with two clients but didn't received and free connect, can you please resolve im low on connect

thanks

amnai11
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

I am facing a similar issue. I got interviewed for two jobs but I did not get free connects back for both.
Looking forward to hearing back from you.

BR,
Amna I.

Hi Amna,

~ Arjay
Upwork
dinows1216
Community Member

I sent a proposal and was interviewed for a Job and was also hired. But I didn't get any "Awareded Connects" - and it's been 36 hours already since I was hired.

Could anyone look into this. Thanks!

You might still get it, or you might not. 36 hrs might means you will not get it.

Proof

Connects are no longer awarded after interviews, it has been announced a while ago 

I have't seen this announcement, can you please send me the link? 

Ask google

3d7c4caf
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team and other freelancers!

I am interviewed by two clients but I have received 10 connects only. What is the issue? Can anyone tell me? 

Thanks for reading this.

yofazza
Community Member

You might still get it, or you might not.

"no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won"

"every" is the keyword.

More

dinows1216
Community Member

Just an update.

I received a "Refunded Connects for Connects Award" +8 and a "Awarded Connects" +2

This was from my May 5, 2023 sent job proposal and was interviewed just yesterday.

3511b6aa
Community Member

Hi Upwork team

Did Not Get Free Connects
about 2 days ago i apply for a job and got interviewed  even get hired but didn't get free connects 
he was compeletly new client for me
please help
please Check Thanks
Job is under 

Edit PDF house plans

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members