🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Did not receive Connects after interview
Page options
5341fc9e
Community Member

Did not receive Connects after interview

Hello Upwork team,

I have spent connects on job offers, only 3 customers have responded to me by message.
I still haven't had any refunds of connects and no connects have been rewarded. What should I do?

Thank you for your help,
Charvet

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Charvet,

Thank you for your message. Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

368 REPLIES 368

Lately, I noticed that it takes a long time than it was for example in 2022. But I'm sure, you will definitely get back your connections if you were invited or messaged.

Hi Majid,

As you mentioned, you applied for a job, you got interviewed, and successfully hired, you anticipated a refund of connects, which Upwork has typically provided.

However, Upwork recently announced its new notice to all freelancers to eliminate fake job applications and clarified that connects will be refunded at their discretion.

If you require further assistance, I recommend you proceed with simply selecting the "Get Support" option, and the Upwork team will be happy to assist you.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me as well, if you have any questions or require further information.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kindest Regards,

Sanjay

Hi Majid,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. For more information, please see this Product Update

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
3511b6aa
Community Member

Thanks to all for replying to me. I think I should get that free connects because that client was completely new to me. I applied to his job, got interviewed, and even got hired.

I know all the rules, too.

Thanks a lot.

tawakkal12
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I have been experiencing with regards to the allocation of Connects for certain job proposals on Upwork.

Over the past few weeks, I have actively sent proposals to various clients and have received several replies indicating their interest in my services. However, despite these positive responses, I have noticed that the Connects I used for these proposals have not been credited back to my account, as they should be in accordance with Upwork's policy.

I have thoroughly reviewed the guidelines provided on your platform and understand that Connects are replenished when a client either closes their job posting without hiring or withdraws the job altogether. In the cases I am referring to, the jobs I applied for have either been closed without hiring or withdrawn, and I believe I am entitled to the return of the Connects used for these proposals.

I kindly request that you investigate this matter and rectify the situation promptly. To assist you further, I have compiled a list below that highlights the job titles, dates of application, and the corresponding client responses indicating non-hiring or withdrawal.

Please review this issue and credit the Connects back to my account accordingly. I genuinely appreciate your prompt attention to this matter as it directly affects my ability to continue engaging with potential clients on Upwork.

Should you require any additional information or clarification regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I am committed to resolving this matter and ensuring a seamless experience on your platform.

Thank you for your assistance and understanding. I look forward to a swift resolution.

Sincerely,

Syed tawakkal hassan  

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Syed,

We certainly understand your concern and we truly appreciate you sharing your feedback. However, please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e47c5ab6
Community Member

Hello, freelancers!

I have just done my third interview in 2 weeks and I didn't receive any connects back , That wastes my connects and i know the change that Upwork have done in 22 September, 2022 about the connects , but that replaces an issue with another .

Regards,

Seif

honest winner of a reply must pay ... I HATE UPWORK..

ALWAYS ZERO SOLUTIONS AND ALWAYS CONNECTS FOR BIDDING 6 TO 8...

2ab3aa52
Community Member

Forget this. They mostly don't give connects now and is thing of the past now

mahersanaullah35
Community Member

Does Upwork awards connects for winning interviews?

Hi Muhammad,

Previously upwork used to give connects back to the freelancer when thay get reoly on the proposal but now they don't give back connects or award with you connects when you'll get a reply.

Regards 

ed3d34a1
Community Member

How can we lower the amount withdrawal into 100$below

muigai-venesa
Community Member

a client respoed to my proposal, I am yet to get the connects that I used to apply to that job.
Also I god a job invite to my understandng is that you reward freelancers for job invitations.
kindly help.

You do not get connects for every interview any more, and there were never any connects awarded for getting an invitation.

gurvindersingh33
Community Member

I got interview invitation and got interviewed after submitting the proposal and it's been around 4 days bus still I've not get my free connects credited to my upwork account. Please look into the matter and do needful. Immediate actions will be appreciated.

Hi Gurvinder,

Thank you for your message. Please be reminded that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. For more information, please see this Product Update

~ Arjay
Upwork
hassanahmad_khan
Community Member

I believe when a client replies to our proposal we get 10 connects. This month I got replies for 2 of my proposals but I didn't get any connects. Is there any changes in the system of awarding connects?

Connects are no longer awarded for all interviews.

OK, thanks. Does it mainly depend on the client history?

b37d5435
Community Member

I'm new here I'm not having enough connect to proceed with my article,please come to my aid thanks 

Come over here
a77f0a65
Community Member

Earlier, if hired by bidding on Upwork, 10 connect profiles would be added. But I am not getting any connect after last few bids. What could be the reason?

My Account - https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01f89d6d7358c798ef

It is outdated, no more connects for hiring.

It can be assigned with random now.

970e6438
Community Member

I have no connects

d0903988
Community Member

kindly rate my profile according to your expertise:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/rajahamza

5fd3c6f8
Community Member

the answer is interesting for me also

Tural Babashov
3ffad032
Community Member

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

I know that connects of projects initiated are refunding automatically.

I have two projects which are activated chat by two different clients, but connects still did not refund.

I think something is wrong, kindly help me to resolve this problem.

Regards.

Leo.

Connects only get refunded occasionally when interviewed, at least in my experience. I believe Upwork said that they wont disclose how they determine whether they get refunded after an interview.

of course, I have done interviews.

And it's a toss up as to whether they give you connects back, at least in my experience.

aek_
Community Member

Before, when I create a proposal, and  the client replay to it, and I replay to the client there was 10 free connects, and now not working

#sorry for my English

Thanks.

0725674f
Community Member

Hi!

I have not received connects from any of the 2 interviews I have had this week (both are from proposals I have applied for). The first one was more than 5 days ago, and I haven't received the 10 connects. And the second one was more than 38 hours ago, I haven't received the connects either.

Could you please help me?

Thanks

Hi Laura Sofia,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. 

For more information, please see this Product Update.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
94ffed25
Community Member

I Should Get 10 Connects After Winning an interview and Replying to it, well I didn't Get any Connects ?  Does it take time or there is some kind of mistake? client account is not new on Upwork her spent is almost 3k. 

kzr2015
Community Member

You have to wait 1 day.

88e2f559
Community Member

Last week I applied to a job and got a response but was not given 10 free connects. 

I applied to another job and got hired. I was given 10 free connects but was not refunded my original connects. 

Can someone please look into it? 

Hi Anum,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
32811cb3
Community Member

Hi, I recently submitted a proposal to a job post and the client replied, she even hired me. The thing is I didn't get the free connects that Upwork gives when a client replied to your proposal. 

Hi Sherenz,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
siddique-robin
Community Member

Hello Upwork SF,

I am not getting any new poposal interaction based connect rewards. I do not understand, Please you explain, proposal title was 'Help convert the output of the conjoin test analysis into Tables' and Contract ID is "34475525".

Also I do not know what will happen to some proposal, if still not hired since a long time, what is the policy regarding that.

Also tell me, if there any option I can take some connect loan; is there option to apply for connect loan and any other way to earn some connect rewards.

Thank you !

Hi Rahaman,

I'm afraid that we are no longer providing free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded. This decision was made due to dishonest customers attempting to exploit the system. Please refer to this Product Update for more information.

You still can get 10 free Connects every month at the beginning of your membership billing cycle. Connects are still rewarded when you interview with an established client on Upwork, and like I mentioned, while we don't issue Connects for all interviews won, we occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. You can find more information in this help article.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members