🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Do badges expire?
Page options
Community Member

Do badges expire?

So if someone who has the 'Top talent' badge wasn't active on Upwork for a year, would he lose the badge?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Badges don't expire per se. They disappear once one or more of the requirements is not met. 

Also I would have to have earned $1000 within the past year any given time? So even if I actively make proposals if I didn't earn $1000 for the last 12 months, I would still lose the badge right?

Yes, It's one of the requirements, and ALL have to be met. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
d27e833c
Community Member

If someone with the Top Talent badge wasn't active on Upwork for a year, they would lose the badge. To keep the badge, freelancers need to be actively

1. working on projects,
  2. Submitting proposals, and
  3. Receiving positive feedback from clients.
Community Member

Thank you for your response. Are there any hard limits? What about 6 months? Is one proposal a month enough etc? Basicly what is the minimum amount of activity required to be considered active?

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

You can find the criteria here.

Community Member

It says 'To become top rated'. So the creteria is the same for keeping it as well? In that case, submitting a proposal within every 90 days should be enough to keep the badge right? Also I would have to have earned $1000 within the past year any given time? So even if I actively make proposals if I didn't earn $1000 for the last 12 months, I would still lose the badge right?

Thank you.

Badges don't expire per se. They disappear once one or more of the requirements is not met. 

Also I would have to have earned $1000 within the past year any given time? So even if I actively make proposals if I didn't earn $1000 for the last 12 months, I would still lose the badge right?

Yes, It's one of the requirements, and ALL have to be met. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members