Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Edited* Attachment are getting Sanitized

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
41 of 165

Hi Shams,

Please refer to Valeria's message in this thread.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Nipun H Member Since: Oct 13, 2019
42 of 165

This messeage apperas when trying to download the attached file from the client

It is not safe to download this file. If you really want to access this file please contact Customer Support.

the file is essential to submit a proposal

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
43 of 165

Hi Nipun,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please note that due to our Community settings, new users will need to wait up to 2 hours in order to have the option to send private messages. After your Community rank updates from 'New Forum Member' to 'Active Member', please send me a PM with more information about the Client and the job you are trying to apply for so that I can check and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
William I Member Since: Sep 10, 2018
44 of 165

I attached a PDF to a proposal thread with comments on a file sent to me by the project - after upload, the file said "This file has been sanitized." I don't understand what information it contained that triggered this - it was simply a discussion to clarify client requirements - and I want to avoid getting in trouble with Upwork.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
45 of 165

Hi William, 

All attachments and links transferred on Upwork are being scanned for potentially malicious content. On the link provided on the notification on your messages, you will be able to access the FAQs about Data Sanitation which says that: 
Data sanitization is a type of security control that does not rely on threat detection. It works by assuming all files are malicious and then sanitizing and rebuilding each file to ensure the content is safeIt is effective against known and unknown threats, including zero-day attacks, undetectable malware, obfuscation, and more.

If you click on the download button (arrow), you will have the option to download the original file. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
William I Member Since: Sep 10, 2018
46 of 165
Thanks for the clear and concise explanation.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Horacio C Member Since: Dec 17, 2018
47 of 165

Hi, I submitted work for payment but the client does not see any change.

I verify I submitted the right file, and it was the right one!

But when I downloaded from "Work Submissions" it does not contain any code.

I upload the file again on messages and the same happens.

What is going on? 

I should send the code in a text file and explain to my client how to attach it, but it is not supposed to happen.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
48 of 165

re: "I submitted work... but the client does not see any change... What is going on?"

It's not working. That is what is going on.

That is what this entire thread is about.

Don't use Upwork to transmit your files. Don't even attach those files when you use the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button. The client will look at the files and think you don't know what you're doing.

Provide the files to the client through a DIFFERENT method that is not Upwork.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Horacio C Member Since: Dec 17, 2018
49 of 165

Sorry, I just post a question without looking if anyone was experiencing this. I was not aware of this thread, a moderator must move my post here.

It is incredible this happens. I delivered on time but my client will think I was unprofessional, making time... 

Come on UpWork, at least mention that the files we upload were modified!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
50 of 165

Mary W wrote:

I stopped sending edited/ redlined documents via Upwork months ago.  It does, indeed, remove all the editing.  I use my email or Dropbox to submit those.

OMG. This is the first time I see this. I am gobsmacked. 

And don't want to believe it... what an effing mess!!!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS