🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Finding a Full Time Job
Page options
d777e0a1
Community Member

Finding a Full Time Job

I'm new here and I have an active proposal that has 2 hours per week of work. I just need a full time job since I have a family to support with. I am much willing to worl 8-12 hours a day. Hope you can help me. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
aa15fbb3
Community Member

Hello,

Welcome to Upwork! It's great to hear about your commitment to finding a full-time job to support your family. Here are a few tips to increase your chances of landing a full-time opportunity:

1. Complete Your Profile:

• Ensure that your Upwork profile is complete with relevant skills, experiences, and a professional overview. A comprehensive profile can attract clients looking for long-term collaborations.
  2. Use a Clear Profile Picture:

• A professional profile picture can create a positive first impression. Make sure it is clear and reflects your professionalism.
  3. Write Tailored Proposals:

• Customize your proposals for each job you apply to. Clearly express your skills, experience, and why you are the right fit for the job. Clients appreciate personalized responses.
  4. Highlight Full-Time Availability:

• In your proposals, explicitly mention your availability for full-time work. Let clients know that you are committed to working 8-12 hours a day.
  5. Set Realistic Rates:

• Be competitive with your pricing. Research the market to understand the average rates for your skills and set a rate that reflects your expertise.
  6. Take Skill Tests:

• Consider taking Upwork skill tests to showcase your proficiency in specific areas. This can add credibility to your profile.
  7. Build a Portfolio:

• Upload samples of your work to your portfolio. This allows clients to see your capabilities and the quality of your work.
  8. Stay Active:

• Regularly check and apply to relevant job postings. Consistency in applying for jobs increases your visibility.
  9. Consider Long-Term Contracts:

• When applying for jobs, express your interest in long-term collaborations. Many clients appreciate freelancers who are committed to extended partnerships.
  10. Be Patient and Persistent:

• Finding a full-time opportunity may take some time. Be patient, stay persistent, and continue refining your approach based on client feedback.

Remember, building a successful freelancing career often involves perseverance and ongoing improvement. Best of luck in your endeavors, and I hope you find a fulfilling full-time opportunity soon! If you have specific questions or need further guidance, feel free to ask.

PradeepH

Hello Almira,

Welcome to Upwork! We’re here to help you navigate the world of online work. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork. Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

- Pradeep
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members