🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer plus
Page options
fazil-maryam
Community Member

Freelancer plus

Is the new freelancer plus subscription worth it ?? 

3 REPLIES 3
99272ff9
Community Member

Consider the client base and Upwork model, which seems to be sketch and undercutting what we're worth, respectively. And research your question away from here. Yes, I have limited experience with Upwork. But my spidey sense -- given what I've seen so far, is no. 

The bottom line: There's always going to be someone who's willing to work for cheaper than you. And Upwork's model guts our value. When you have alleged clients seeking "experts" for $5 or $7 an hour, who have "skilled," "exceptional," "superior," writing/editing skills, what do you think that does? The model undercuts wages for everyone. Seeing what others are bidding will only tell you that other freelancers are bidding less than you. And that deflates pay for everyone.

I guess that's why some freelancers have taken to hiring people to apply for them. When the hourly wages offered are so far off western minimal wages, it's not even worth stirring for. 

atlinguist
Community Member

I can't say if it's worth it, but I would assume that it depends on how many potential bids you are able to make within the given period. There is no point in paying for something that you can't put to use. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members