🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Has any freelancer worked for "**"?
Page options
12a454f3
Community Member

Has any freelancer worked for "**"?

As a result of one of my proposals (Spanish Translator from home), I received an invitation for an online interview via Telegram. So I would like to know if this is correct, also they offered to send money directly to me to buy equipment that I should use to perform the project.
Has this happened to anyone else? Do you know if this company is a scam?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
corati
Community Member

It's a scam.

12a454f3
Community Member

Thank you for your answer.

pgiambalvo
Community Member

It is a scam. Report them and block them and stop all communication with them.

Thank you for your answer. I will follow your recommendations.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You can't ask in the forum if a particular company is a scam. I mean, you can, and you did, but it serves no purpose. 

They might not be the company they pretend to be.

You will learn to recognize scammers faster, and by yourself, namely at the word telegram, or skype. No serious client will want you to lose your profile for talking outside of upwork before hire, right?

Yes, this scam has happened to many people, hundreds have reported in the forum. It is older than the internet. Freelancers have taken the fake check to their bank, lost their bank account for check fraud, one was arrested in his bank. Not sure if I believe that, but maybe. Money laundering is the next thing that could become an issue with your local or more likely federal LE. 

How to stay safe from all that? No skype. No telegram. No email. Only upwork messenger and video. 

Thank you for your answer. I will follow your recommendations.

chawlagarima16
Community Member

Hi Barbara

was it a scam ?? I got invitation from the same client **Edited for Community Guidelines** to do an interview over telegram for data analyst position. I would like to know if they are scammers. 

Telegram = scam

Yes, it's a scam, and in any case, it's against the terms of service for you to accept interviews outside of Upwork. Read this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members