🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why closed jobs are shown in search?
Page options
c4694dab
Community Member

Why closed jobs are shown in search?

Hi there,

I have been noticing this a lot and I am sure a lot of other freelancers must have seen this too. I just want to know why this happens and is it even logical?

Often times when I am searching a jobs on upwork, I shortlist a job which is shown as "still open" in the search results with some people applied for the job. I am attaching a screen shot as well. You will see a job a screen 1 which is currently open but when I tried to apply for it, I saw that the client has already hired someone. 

My point is why a job, for which the client has hired someone, still shown in the search results as open? Either the job should be marked as closed or hired when the client hires someone or it should not appear in the search results.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Ehtisham,

Clients may need or want to hire more than one freelancer for a specific job post and so they choose to keep it open after hiring. You can see if the job post has any hires before applying so you can decide if it is worth applying to. Thank you for the suggestion that you would like the job post metrics to be shown in the preview, we'll be sure to note this feedback. 

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

It's up to the client. Maybe he wants to see more proposals. Maybe he wants to hire more people. Who knows. 

It takes very little of your time to scroll down and see the hires, if any, and make the decision to apply or not. It's just one of the things I pay attention to, like the client's hiring rate, job history, passive and active feedback, job description, etc. 

AndreaG

Hi Ehtisham,

Clients may need or want to hire more than one freelancer for a specific job post and so they choose to keep it open after hiring. You can see if the job post has any hires before applying so you can decide if it is worth applying to. Thank you for the suggestion that you would like the job post metrics to be shown in the preview, we'll be sure to note this feedback. 

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members