🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » cant' verify location
Page options
3684d360
Community Member

Help with another user's account

Hi, 

I wanted to enquire about 2 profiles under our agency. 

Vinay: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0166f5d5d3aaf50c7e

- JSS disappeared and the Top-Rated badge was removed.

Sathi: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017023e9a95493865a 

- JSS  reduced from 93% to 60% and Top- Rated badge was removed. 

Please let us know the reason and help to resolve it immediately. 

Thanks! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Gokula,

I understand that your colleagues need assistance with their Upwork account. I'm afraid that we can't share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Please advise them to contact support for assistance; they can do this without having to log in in the event they can't access their account. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center's navigation bar and select the "Contact Support" option.
  2. Choose the" "Chat with Upwor" option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click" "Send." The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

290 REPLIES 290
spectralua
Community Member

Noone will share real reason with you, sorry. Only link to ToS with basic info.

But if you know for sure which contract dropped JSS then you can use TopRated perk to remove it. You have 2 week for that after TR gone.

JSS disappearing when account have not enough feedbacks for last 2 years.

LuiggiR

Hi Gokula,

I understand that your colleagues need assistance with their Upwork account. I'm afraid that we can't share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Please advise them to contact support for assistance; they can do this without having to log in in the event they can't access their account. 

1. Navigate to the Help Center's navigation bar and select the "Contact Support" option.
  2. Choose the" "Chat with Upwor" option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click" "Send." The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi There,
My friend's account was suspended 2 days ago due to ID verification, although he was already verified long ago. However he uploaded the needed documents and still waiting for your reply but still didn't get one after 2 days. He had an on-going contract which was paused and need an urgent solution to get his account back and be able to work on his contract. 
Aprreciate your quick response.
The ticket number of his case is: 47173115

099e292e
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I am writing to follow up on the appeal regarding my friend's mistakenly suspended account that was submitted earlier. The ticket number of his case is: #47271911

He is willing to provide additional verification information, including video verification or other forms of identity verification, to prove his identity and authenticity in order to regain access to his account. This account holds significant meaning to him as it represents the hard work he has put in on Upwork.

As a resident of China, it is difficult for him to obtain bank statements with address information. Therefore, he has used electronic bank statements from Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation (OCBC) in Singapore. If there are any doubts, he can provide additional documents to confirm his address.

On Upwork, he has diligently worked, accumulating over $2500 in earnings, including Connects and Freelancers Plus, and generating nearly $500 in revenue for Upwork. However, after reaching these milestones, his account was suspended, which has left him feeling very disheartened.

My friend is an honest, hardworking user who firmly believes this is a misunderstanding. He sincerely hopes for a resolution and to continue working on Upwork.

He truly values the opportunities Upwork has provided him and the relationships he has built within the Upwork community. He is committed to adhering to Upwork's policies and collaborating positively with the platform and its users.

Please consider his appeal, taking into account the importance of completing ongoing projects and his dedication to working on Upwork. He earnestly requests the opportunity to explain the situation and regain account access promptly.

Additionally, my friend has sent multiple appeal emails, but has not received any responses.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Amy,

I'm sorry to learn about your friend's account. We certainly understand how important it is for him to resolve this issue in a timely manner. However, for privacy and security reasons, we won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account.

Rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and are not made without fully investigating for TOS violations. Please encourage him to continue coordinating with the team through the ticket he raised so that they can assist him more efficiently.  

~ Arjay
Upwork
099e292e
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you for your reply. He maintains a frequency of sending appeal emails 2-3 times a week, but has not received any response. He is truly innocent. I really hope he can get a response as soon as possible.

A freelancer in my agency cannot pass the location verification through Upwork.
I reviewed her documents in person. They satisfy the requirements. Upwork's robot accepts the documents and keeps sending rejects, but it doesn't provide appeal functionality. The situation has been going on for a month now. How do I (or she) escalate? I've created this topic on her behalf because she lost hope in Upwork and is tired of talking to dummy robots.

i_streamline_0-1722278514070.png

Thank you, Upwork Support. She's working neither with Upwork nor with my agency anymore - switched to another platform. With 7 years of flawless experience on Upwork, I AM entitled to say: she was a diligent freelancer whose papers were 100% as good as mine. I know what I'm talking about. Your robot (or, even worse if human) documents processors destroyed her career. Hopefully, Upwork's PM/QA/PR  team finds this message and realizes how unfair the system is to many (not to mention missed opportunities for Upwork itself)

e3983dbf
Community Member

Hello everyone i have friend who get an account created on upwork and he's account was suspended what can cause it what can be done to get there account back

18e9b865
Community Member

Hi Team! My friend walid sent necessary documents to verify location. but failed.
he want manual review for this. I would very appreciate if the team address this issue.
Thanks

b13901cc
Community Member

Hi, Upwork Talents.

I have a Japanese friend and He created his Upwork account.

But suddenly, he had to leave home and he can't access to his computer and cell phone also.

He received Identity verification Alert already.

Under the condition he can't access to his computer and cell phone, How can he do Identity verification ?

And if he can send me photo of his ID card. .....?

Please detailed and kind help.

Thank you.

He needs to do his own identity verification to avoid creating fake or duplicate accounts.

Creating multiple fake accounts is not allowed.

7bbab4f6
Community Member

Hi, Upwork Talents.

But suddenly, he had to leave home and he can't access to his computer and cell phone also.

Under the condition he can't access to his computer and cell phone, How can he do Identity verification ?

Thank you.

Creating multiple fake accounts is not allowed.

c190045b
Community Member

Hi, Upwork Talents.

Thank you.

be7bcd79
Community Member

Subject: Assistance Needed for Account Access Issue – User

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Dear Upwork Support Team,

Thank you for your appreciation regarding my previous support for another
user. I believe in the importance of helping each other within our
community.

I am writing to bring to your attention an issue faced by another user,
**Edited for Community Guidelines** He is currently unable to log into his Upwork account,
which is preventing him from accessing his support ticket and receiving any
updates or answers from your team.

Could you please assist in resolving this matter as soon as possible? Your
prompt response would be greatly appreciated.

c9071ece
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support,

I am posting this for my friend **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I was surprised to find my account suspended for falsified identity. I recently had surgery and couldn't use my phone, so I entrusted my cousin with my account to handle client responses. No location changes or suspicious activities were intended, i didnt change my location of falsify any document.

Upwork is my primary source of income, and I urgently need your help to resolve this issue. Please guide me on how to verify my identity and restore my account.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regard

Sorry, but your friend broke rules. Cousin cannot use account, no exceptions here. Ban is legit.

I have a newbie question. If I will buy a new laptop, can I still work on either one? Or do I need to sign out from the old one?

You can work from everywhere you want. Of course not at same time. With 2 logons at same time you will be suspended and investigated. Safe way: login, do works, logout. 

Oh I see, thanks! So the issue with OP here is that they login both at the same time, which triggers the ban?

OP shared own account with someone else. It is hard violation. Only you can work from your account.

Hello Iyanuoluwa,

I understand that your friend needs assistance with his Upwork account. I'm afraid that we can't share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Please advise him to contact support for assistance; he can do this without having to log in in the event he can't access their account. 

1. Navigate to the Help Center's navigation bar and select the "Contact Support" option.

~Ivy
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members